Bremore Pastures Balbriggan

househunt

Hi

I've read the previous posts on Balbriggan and I am happy to move to the area. Just wondering does anyone have any thoughts on bremore pastures. I have put a deposit on a 3 bed duplex which is only 976sq ft. Is this tiny?? Its 311,500 but there are no great extras with it (kitchen utilities and the like)

Anyone have any thoughts on it? That is the best my budget will stretch to..I thought it was best to go for 3 bed as against 2 but I'm not sure at that size that its a great deal.

also meant to add....does anyone cycle from Balbriggan to Dublin city?!

I am a keen cyclist but not sure that its possible/safe!!!

Have done - it's 23 miles to St. Stephen's Green - takes me approx. 74 minutes. Roads are still busy on the old N1 (which you'll need to take), and turn off at Swords (roundabouts), and the Old airport road via Santry into town. It's as safe as anywhere else for a cyclist in Ireland - watching out for potholes, dust and unpredictable drivers.

976 square feet is far from tiny the average 3 bed semi in dublin is this size so its actually a good size.
As for cycling from balbriggan, you would be taking a risk the N1 is a windy and dangerous road, best off getting the train just on pure safety grounds.

For leisure cycling there are a couple of routes, the one mentioned being the most direct, you can also use more countryish roads and go via the Naul and back roads to the airport, then into town via ballymun, or if you're feeling particularly energetic follow as much of the coast road as possible, skerries/rush/donabate/malahide/etc but that may take all day!

I thought it was more like 25miles/40km to city centre from centre of balbriggan - and that's via the M1 !

Thanks for the info - good to know about the size. I guess I may aswell just try and cycle out on a sat avo to see how I get on. It would be a good session anyway.

I ended up going around in circles when I tried to drive out the old road this week!! ended up going around Howth..but I've had a look at the map so have a better idea now. Sure I'll give it a bash

rgfuller said:
I thought it was more like 25miles/40km to city centre from centre of balbriggan - and that's via the M1 !

Nope. 30km from Balbriggan to town. Takes about 35 to 40 to drive when there's not too much traffic, which is similar to the train journey time.

Bremore Pastures, Balbriggan

Hi all new to this forum, was just wondering if anyone has bought a house in Bremore in Balbriggan and whether they have any idea when the show houses will be open?? Tks :)

Re: Bremore Pastures, Balbriggan

I presume you've seen this [broken link removed]

I have seen on another message board where someone mentioned they asked for dimensions off the estate agent - they were unable to provide them.

There are a couple of thousand new house in (going into) that area.

Hi,

I have bought there but the estate agents havent been overly forthcoming with information. I was told they were to be ready sept/oct but dont know if showhouses will be available before this. I have not yet been issued with contracts

Hi Househunt when we put down our initial deposit we were told the showhouses would be open in six weeks that was just six weeks ago so rang today and they still arent open, am heading out there for a drive tonight so if i see or hear anything will let you know.
We were told that they would be ready sept/oct aswell but id say more nov/dec, im hoping the new year to be honest :D

Hi Bluetonic, yes i seen that alright. Just we are ftb and am eager to see them, like a child to be honest... are you buying out there yourself??

please do keep me posted. New Year would suit me too, so long as it doesnt go on too long I was out that way about a week and a half ago and they didnt look quite ready to put on show. I am dying to see them though

You sound like me, i dont mind the new year as it gives me that little bit more extra time to save. I will check with my bf tonight and see if our contracts have been sent to our solicitor yet, if so i will let you know so keep checking this post. We were out there about 4 weeks ago just to time the travel and they were building alright but they had the gates locked so you couldnt get in. Am dead excited...

Hi all,

Great to finally hear from people who are moving to Bremore Pastures. Have been out to the site three times so far but there is very little to see. We are moving into one of the 3 bed duplexes in Bremore Pastures Park. Signed contracts a week ago with our solicitor and the latest she had heard was around Christmas time (for moving in)

From what I can see, the information has been updated here (I dont ever remember there being prices before)

[broken link removed]

Hi Paulie, Was out there last night just went for a spin with the bf and they have a load more work done since i was out there, they have plenty more duplexes up anyway. We have received our contracts but it has sort of stopped since. Anytime we ring up they seem to know nothing.
We are moving into a 3 bed tce hse on the cres but we couldnt see any houses being built only duplexes. I cant see the show houses being open anytime soon!! Did you hear any news on the showhouses???

Morning Househunt, was out in Bremore last night and they have got a good bit built since the last time i was there but you still cant get near the site. Ohhh about the Contracts, we received ours the other day... I'd contact your solicitor and ask them have they received anything..

Hi Niceeyes,

The solicitor didn't seem to think a show house would be available. The way she saw it was that the units are selling without one. From my experience, show houses only become available from phase 2 onwards of a development (i.e. they just hold off on selling a house from phase 1 and use that). If you don't mind me asking, what was the prices for 3 bed houses?

Back