Best Businesses in Recession?

Re: Best Businesses in Recession???

The Cinema used to do well during bad times here in Ireland, but as the cost of attending had increased considerably and many people have an extensive number of channels at home which are relatively cheap I can't see it being sustained.

Cinemas are booming. They always have been, and they always will.

People will just take food in with them more, but people are still paying a lot of dosh on a daily basis bringing in large groups and families.

Certainly in the US cinemas make more of their profit from the sale of food and drinks than from ticket sales. Not sure if it is the same here, but I would guess it is not too different.

People bringing in their own food in increasing numbers will hurt profitability.

Its the same. Ticket sales profits go to the film distributors. Food profits go to the bosses.

However. For every one person bringing in food, theres twenty that don't and instead buy their stuff at the concessions stand. Major profits to be had.

meat business doing well,

getting good money for cuts / mince that we couldn't give away 2 years ago

car repair shops doing well.

donestic appliance repair people doing well

discount stores doing well, inlcuding pound shops

I've heard recently that security businesses are thriving at the minute for obvious reasons

Re: Best Businesses in Recession???

Hi setanta 1 you mentioned you live in a town with 7000 people and no video store what town is this? I am looking at some video store prospects

Back