Band for a Wedding Reception?

I did that instead of a d.j at our wedding as at the last midnight there was a prolem with the venue and everything needed to be reorganized and out d.j wasnt ver accomadating in traveling to where the new receptions was. I didnt have a d.j but used my ipod and speakers instead to play the song list i wanted. Then again i am american so it mite just be an american thing at the moment but a great inexpensive option and it gives you only the songs you want so u get the final say as to what gets played

A wedding I was at recently had the Prickly Pears--they were BRILLIANT..that was up near Sligo, though they are a Dublin-based band. Dont know contact details, sorry.

I know this is a really old post but could anyone recommend a good wedding band in the Munster region. (Don't like chart music but would like a bit of The Beatles, The Stones etc..)

Wedding bands can evoke more of the subtle emotions and expressions that are not as easily detected in recorded music. If your prefer live music than having a DJ, you must have already been inspired by a band you heard in a restaurant or a club, a bar or at a friends wedding.

Yeah, I really enjoyed a band a friend had but they are not available.
They played a set that was not very typical of a wedding band and it was refreshing!

At a taste of Kildare Festival this year there was a Band called Harlequin. I understand they play at many of the weddings at the K Club and other places.

They played a mix of songs and were excellent.

[broken link removed]

My brother had Sean O'Dowd and Dingaling at his wedding in Limerick, and they were fab, they got everybody going the whole night - the floor was full.
The band are on the go along time & know what makes a good wedding. One of their friends booked them on the night as a result.

I know this is a really old post but could anyone recommend a good wedding band in the Munster region. (Don't like chart music but would like a bit of The Beatles, The Stones etc..)

We had a band called Raindance at our Limerick wedding, they're Galway based but had no problem travelling. Can't recommend them highly enough. See www.raindancelive.com

No connection, just a happy customer, our guests still talk about them too!

Thanks for the wonderful suggestions and post. It helps people to know some band peoples to opt. Wedding preparation include music programs also. As there will be the big day, people want to enjoy a lot with the newlywed bride and groom. So music plays a vital role.

Hi,
My friend had these at her Wedding last month in the City North Hotel they were absolutely fabulous. We are planning in getting married next year and are going to see them playing live next week in the Cuckoos Nest as the 4 piece live band,Dublin on July 10th.

Mystique Wedding Band Band ask for Steve 0851556601

Hi,
My friend had these at her Wedding last month in the City North Hotel they were absolutely fabulous. We are planning in getting married next year and are going to see them playing live next week in the Cuckoos Nest as the 4 piece live band,Dublin on July 10th.

Mystique Wedding Band Band ask for Steve 0851556601

Steve is that you??? :rolleyes:

i was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago and there was a 5 piece band called radiostar, they're based in cork, they were great i saw them in cantys a few times before aswell, we were all up dancing for the whole night, it was a fairly small budget wedding too so i don't think they'd cost an arm and a leg, of all the weddings i've been to this band really stood out, i'd definately reccommend them

My husband and his wedding band from previous marriage...?

My husband and I have been married almost three years. We both have wedding bands--I am satisfied with mine. I bought his when we got married and it's pretty big, and he thinks its very comfortable. However, for the last year he's wanted a different ring. He wants one with designs, etc. A year ago, he said he thought he still had his and his ex-wife's wedding set around (10 k gold, $60 for set) and wanted to melt them and some other gold and make another wedding band. I was very hurt, found it distastful and the idea made me uncomfortable. We fought about it, he said finally that he wouldn't do it, that he understood. Today, the subject came up again when we were cleaning a storage room out and found a wedding band. He yelled at me, said I was illogical. I just want to know if I'm the only person that would feel queasy melting and weilding together her husband's previous marriage's bands to go towards a wedding band for their marriage. Thanks, anyone. I'm feeling pretty down

My husband and his wedding band from previous marriage...?

Relax, it sounds like he think it will cost less-let him find out it won't-in fact it cost more- Thant would be considered a "custom piece" and that is costly-let him go and find out himself. It is really frustrating to talk to someone who doesn't have a clue as to what you are feeling. Men just don't think like women. In the mean time-FIND,,,(got it?) a ring or necklace, something that an old boyfriend gave you. If it's a ring, wear it on you left hand where your wedding bank used to be. See how long it takes him to notice and see how he reacts-he just might surprise himself and understand your feelings better if he is given a chance to experience it> !

Back