Band for a Wedding Reception?

MPH

So we have picked the venue and now on to the entertainment! I would very much appreciate suggestions/recommendations on a band for the reception. Has anyone held or attended a wedding reception in the past and could recommend the band? Thanks in advance for your help on this.

we had the 3 amigos for our band and they were excellent. they play the normal 4 hours but they also will do a disco afterwards for an extra couple of hundred. they leave the lights and everything there and put on a mix CD - i know its a bit cheeky to ask for a couple of hundred for that, but it beats paying for a DJ to come at 12 at set up for 2 hours!

Hi MPH
If you post a thread on www.weddingsonline.ie you will be bombarded with excellent responses.
Where in the country are you located (this might enable us to help you a little ;) )
Did you speak to your hotel for some band listings and recommendations?
What kind of music do you have in mind?
Maybe look through your local newspaper entertainment section and go to a few pubs who have live bands... A great excuse for lots of sorties!
hth
Ruth

We had a band called The Beat Club. They do a 4 or 6 piece and we went for the 6 piece option. There not your usual wedding band ie don't do Tom Jones & Neil Diamond stuff but do Madness, Rolling Stones, Beach Boys, Roxy Music, The Cure, The Doors, The Beatles..something for all ages but no cheese;) .

They are all excellent musicians, have a proper drummer, brass section etc. They are not the cheapest at around €2K but worth every cent. They are Dublin based. PM me if you want a contact number.

I know a band, too (4 piece band). They'll probably charge around 600 Euro, depending on where you're based. They don't believe in exploiting people on their wedding day...They're playing in pubs all over the country and also do weddings and Christmas shows in big Hotels. They mainly play Rockn Roll Stuff, they've also done a lot of Beatle's shows. Otherwise it's Beatles, Birds and that kind of stuff. If you're interested PM me, and I'll let you know where they're playing next so you can go and get an idea of what they're like.

I second the Three Amigos, they're brill! would recommend them! If ya wanna see them they play in paddy Cullens in ballsbridge on a sunday night...

Hi we are having Jack to Jack they are very good and they include the Dj which means no messing around and gap for setting up. They are a young band to 2 fellas and a girl and they can all swap around with songs. They are only 1400euros. Tony out of the bands no is 01 8346040 or 087 2878373. We seen them at a wedding and the dance floor was full the whole night. Phone them and ask where they are playing a wedding next and visit the venue at around 10. You have to see a band at a wedding first.

We also seen 5th avenue and they where about 2200 euro as there is 5 people in the band. The amount of members in the band will decide on the price.

I second Jack to Jack,

I was at a 40thon Sat in the clontarf castle, to cut a long story short
The clontarf castle were holding a wedding, 2 40ths and a 60th that night

Jack to jack mistakenly set up in our 40th , (our dj had gone awol - he turned up in the kiliney castle instead of the clontarf castle) but jack to jack were most understanding and gave me a replacement dj , just un case ours did not turn up.

Well done Jack to Jack, and great music too !

Hope you don't me piggypacking on this thread but I am looking for recemmnedations for a band in the Cork area if anyone knows of any?

just a few suggestions,

the shakes
pickly pairs
the best men
the persuaders

all good professional bands and might i add why a band at all, i work as a wedding dj and more than 50% of my work is full nights without a band ???

Little Creatures (Munster area) are a fantastic band. Had them for our wedding and couldn't have had a better band. Dance floor was packed for the whole night!

They also include the DJ as part of the package and cost the princely sum of €1400 for the whole package!

www.littlecreatures.net

ulcercentral said:
Little Creatures (Munster area) are a fantastic band. Had them for our wedding and couldn't have had a better band. Dance floor was packed for the whole night!

They also include the DJ as part of the package and cost the princely sum of €1400 for the whole package!

www.littlecreatures.net

thats a good price, our band is 2200 by themselves, but we get a free dj !

The Marble City Showband based in Kilkenny is another option. I am sure they travel (not 100%). They were good value too around the 1500 mark 2 yrs ago and the dance floor was packed all night. In fact they were one of the best bands I ever heard.

wedding band. [broken link removed]. 087 6522549. 6 piece. Dublin based. Dance floor full from start to finish.

Anyone seen a band called thin ice perform? Are they any good? Have been told they are and their website looks good as well..

In Kilkenny & surrounding areas "The Works". Ph Eamon 087 2522206. They played in Lyrath Estate Hotel last night (which I saw you had viewed). Where did ye book in the end?

Theres a good band probably the best I have heard in awhile called Midnight Blue they do a variety of different tunes. They are based just outside of Carlow but will travel Also theirs A band called Uriels Chant they provide nice easy listening jazz style music for the beginning of a wedding reception they would be highly appropriate and good. Also if you ever do a 1920's night they remind me of something that you would hear in an old ganster movie.

You're obviously looking for a live band, but i'm just wondering have there been many/any ipod weddings in Ireland. When I was in the States quite a lot of the clubs/pubs used ipod/itunes as their dj. A cheap option.

Back