Attention Potential Marrsfield Purchasers

Cheers for the info Rondon, I may head out there over the weekend anyway to try to get some pictorial evidence. The way things are at the moment I think I may be asking our solicitor to push for a refund of our deposit, as it is simply unacceptable that they haven't even commenced work on the block.

Btw, here is the Independent's take on the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you dont mind me asking. How much did you put down on it? and when? When were you told it would be ready etc?
we have told our solicitor to go ahead and try get our money back. The chances i have been told on this to happen is very slim, not by my solicitor but just people in general, so i am hoping that they are wrong and solicitor can do somthing for us.

By the looks of it they are a year or more away from been finished if even started, unless somthing happens and they push on and build soon. If not, Surely we would be entitled to have a case to get money back,
considering we were told we would have a place by 09?

If you dont mind me asking. How much did you put down on it? and when? When were you told it would be ready etc?
we have told our solicitor to go ahead and try get our money back. The chances i have been told on this to happen is very slim, not by my solicitor but just people in general, so i am hoping that they are wrong and solicitor can do somthing for us.

By the looks of it they are a year or more away from been finished if even started, unless somthing happens and they push on and build soon. If not, Surely we would be entitled to have a case to get money back,
considering we were told we would have a place by 09?

You will definately not be allowed to just walk away from your commitment. You signed for this appartment which is legally binding. If the price of the appartment had gone up 50k, I'm sure you wouldnt be complaining.

Full refund!! our block isnt even been built anymore and have been informed we will recieve all our deposits back.:D

Hi Rondon,

I am delighted to hear you have been informed you will receive a refund on your deposit. I put a deposit down on an apartment in block 31 over 2 years ago and have been trying through my solicitor to exit the contract and get a refund on my deposit to no avail, what block did you put a deposit on and how did you go about it???

hey there, anyone got any up to date information or advice on marrsfield please? a friend of mine put down a deposit on one a week ago but because the valuation came in so low (much lower than what you guys have earlier in the thread), the bank slashed her approval by thousands and is now waiting to see if dcc will reduce the price which is more than likely not going to happen as will be selling at a loss...

Hi there,

I'm in the same situation with the Marrsfield apartments.. I put a deposit down a couple of weeks ago and was all set to go.. My bank did a valuation on the property and their valuation was 45k less! Seems the Market Value DCC sold the properties at is too high.. I rang DCC and they are to let people know this week...

Same thing happenned to me -different development , this is what I did
1. checked the open market - myhome.ie etc
send in the open market price's ( which is lower than the dcc valuation i am presuming )
2. send in a letter/email/fax with all the beove in to dcc
2. Lobby your td for his/her help and get them to send in a letter

This is what I had to do , it got the price down in the end , very stressful couple of weeks mind you but worth it

best of Luck , I hope you get your apts .

thanks for that, they've come back to my mate saying they'll give her the loan but wont budge on price.

Back