Attention Potential Marrsfield Purchasers

hardcandy

hi there

anyone how is interested in buying in Marrsfield through the AHP - will you PLEASE PLEASE ring the AHP on 01 6564122 and put your case forward for a price reduction and clawback reduction and the fact that we cannot get mortgages because of new valuations etc.

there is a meeting next Tuesday, 14th October and the more information available about our impossible situation, the better our chances of a price reduction!! we need to unite on this as we are being ripped off!

I would advise that you also follow up your calls with a letter, regardless of what they say on the phone. A letter creates a record of your request and is harder to ignore. Phonecalls didn't get me anywhere, letters got me money off.

hi cheeus

thanks for your reply - thank you for your replyl. i am just wondering did you get a price reduction on an apartment in Marrsfield or somewhere else? i am ringing and emailing and sending in letters to the AHP which they will be presenting at the meeting next Tuesday.

No I didn't. Sorry for confusion. I only got clawback reduction.
I was just saying that I was always told on the phone that it wasn't possible. That I think phone calls and letters are the way to go. Best of luck with it.

hi again cheeus

thanks for reply. i still wondering though is it a clawback reduction you got on Marrsfield or another development?

Hi,
Anyone any updates on the situation with the builders and the Council? Thanks

Rang AHP last week and was told they were negotiating on price with Pierse and that they couldn't have us moving in to over-priced apartments so to hold on at least another 3/4 weeks. Got letter from Pierse yesterday and was told they were NOT lowering prices and I had 14days to close the deal?????

hey there

have no update on marrsfield. if the price is not lowered, then marrsfield is just not a viable option!!

HI,
about to view my apartment in marrsfield with affordable. not sure what to do. it just seems a bit crazy to me that the value of these apartments have not changed in a year and especially the cray year this country has had. are pierse homes lving in an imaginary cloud thinking this development is the only one that hasn't been affected by the crdit crunch. really like the place but dont want to be scammed out of money too.

second thing is went up for a drive around the other day. the place still kinda looks like a building site. When is the road to the town due to be built. m getting a 2 bed apartment. any1 who got 2 bed from DCC what is the size like. i had a look n the window and seem a little too "cozy". Please let me know. also anyone know what the story is with father collins park?
how do we know that the developers are going to actually finish everything once they have sold off all the apartments?? does anyone know if they are bound by law to finish.?

Any replies would be welcome

Marrsfield Purchasers- DCC PRICE REDUCTION-

hi guys,
have been keeping up to date with these post re: marrsfield and over priced apartments. i put my deposit down on a 2 bed yesterday and DCC must be listening to all the complaining we are doing because the original value of the the 2 bed was 360-370.
i bought yesterday and DCC have now valued the 2 bed at roughly 310,000. they have reduced price by 50 - 60 grand. i am only paying 14% clawback. i know its not much of a reduction but i am happy i own 86% of my apartment and that DCC have admitted the price should be reduced and have done that.
Has anyone put deposit on marrsfield apartments recently. im well excited.

Re: Marrsfield Purchasers- DCC PRICE REDUCTION-

hi guys,
have been keeping up to date with these post re: marrsfield and over priced apartments. i put my deposit down on a 2 bed yesterday and DCC must be listening to all the complaining we are doing because the original value of the the 2 bed was 360-370.
i bought yesterday and DCC have now valued the 2 bed at roughly 310,000. they have reduced price by 50 - 60 grand. i am only paying 14% clawback. i know its not much of a reduction but i am happy i own 86% of my apartment and that DCC have admitted the price should be reduced and have done that.
Has anyone put deposit on marrsfield apartments recently. im well excited.

Hi DUB123,Just read your post. I have to close the deal for my 2 bed apt .I rang AHP and they said that they're still discussing the clawback reduction.EBS evaluated our apt at 370k,same as the price last year.Could you tell me who you talked to to get reduction on your clawback?I feel under pressure to close the deal but i totally feel I 'm being ripped off.
Guys, do you know of anybody else who got reduction?

got a call today offer me a 2bed on via AH. 260-270k i was told. is this in line with what others were offereD?

Hi Walshy,
Just wondering is that Market value or AH value? I was offered a 2 bed last year for 260000, market value 365000 and now AH are in the process of getting builders to reduce the market value because it's no longer in line with current market prices. Make sure you find out what market value is to ensure you're getting a good deal.

thats the AH price. price per the developer's site is 360k but that seems very optimistic, i reckon hiitsonlyme's value is more realistic, if even still on the high side.

drove out there last night. there seems to an awful lot of apartments going up.

i dont think 260/270 is a huge saving to be honest so i think im gonna leave this one go

Anybody have any idea when block 31 (first as you come in the gate) is due to be complete, or even start building it?

Hi guys,
just to let you know that the AHP have gotten 2 bed apartment market value dropped to 290,000 from 365,000! am now getting 20,000 off what was original price of 260,000. Everyone in similar position should hold out for reduction, it'll happen.

thats good news, bout time what about if we want to pull out altogether? what are the chances of getting our money back?
Told it would be ready early 09, spring the latest?? have yet to see a stone turned in our so called block, hopefully stays that way.

Hi all,

It seems as if the wheels are actually turning on this at long last. I have contacted the AHP a few times over the past couple of months, but have not been getting any replies. This story appeared in the [broken link removed] today and it seems John Kilraine is looking into it for RTE.

Does anyone know if Block 31 has actually been started yet? I intend to go down there at the weekend to check for myself but I am wondering if anyone else has information on this?

not a brick in site on block 31. wasting your time going near it, certainly wont be "early 09 spring the latest" when thats ready as we were all told.

Back