AIB Online Notice Deposit 7

Re: AIB e-savings account - 7 day notice

latest from my branch is it is being launched tomorrow. watch this space

Yes, I signed up this morning. However, they don't yet have a product page clarifying the interest treatment.

holy moley that was easy just opened one in 10 seconds! very impressed :)

Yes, I signed up this morning. However, they don't yet have a product page clarifying the interest treatment.

[broken link removed]

this page says interest is paid in April and October but doesn't clarify the under/over €10k issue

Just opened up one as well and very straight forward. Can't find any mention of the 5% interest rate though.

On the deposit rates section of the website ([broken link removed]) the 7 days notice account is listed as 2.5% AER but not sure if this is the same as their new online product?? Presume not but can't find guidance on the AIB website to the new product.

Anyone any joy besides the press release?

Any word yet on if the interest rates are applied like with First Active's eSavings account or with RaboDirect's on-line account?

Without an explicit answer you would have to assume that it applies to the whole balance.

To quote an AER, the interest rate would have to apply to the whole balance.

Re: AIB e-savings account - 7 day notice

UB used to do this with me until I asked them not to call me again. I found it quite irritating to be honest.

Me too with PTSB.

Amazing how the banks play on people loving to get sales calls, and how people go along with it. I'm starting to feel poorer than my friends who are always being called in to the bank to "discuss" their finances.

Am i right in thinking the interest in this account is addes twice a year(apr & Oct).?

What happens if you withdraw money before one of those dates,..do you get the interest on the months you would have had the money in or is it tough luck,..

A) Don't forget the charges...

> Account Maintenance Fee 4.50 per quarter or part thereof (on the current a/c if you have to open one): if you don't, best to open a demand deposit a/c, then no charges

> Automated/Self Service Transactions 0.20 each

B)
On the deposit rates section of the website ([broken link removed]) the 7 days notice account is listed as 2.5% AER
That's their Deposit PLUS 7-day account. For some reason, they haven't listed the online 7-day a/c here..?

C) How much have people been depositing? Did you ask them to confirm what is the interest rate on a balance over €10k?​

I am amazed so many people cant debate an issue without picking up the phone and calling AIB to clarify, if it's that important..

debate an issue without picking up the phone and calling AIB to clarify

What makes you think they would give the correct answer? FA gave contradictory information on the same point. I'm waiting for the product page to appear on AIB's main site, which I expect will clarify matters. If you rely on what AIB tell you on the phone, you get things like:

the new 7 day account should be available using internet banking in a couple of weeks. December 13 I think he said.

[broken link removed]. Still not 100% clear, but I think it operates like the FA account, i.e. interest rate applies to total balance.

Just called AIB about this and yes the interest rate applies to total balance. So if you invest anything over 10,000 you will only get interest at 3.5%. Sneaky advertsiing by them. Surely they should be required to make this clearer in their ads.

Odd, I just spoke to AIB and was told that it was split, 5% for the first 10K and 3.5% on anything above. They double-checked it too. A bit confusing...

Odd, I just spoke to AIB and was told that it was split, 5% for the first 10K and 3.5% on anything above. They double-checked it too. A bit confusing...

I called into bank in person. Customer services guy didnt know. Went behind the counter to consult someone, came back and verified 5% on €10000, 3.5% on anything above that.
AleoN

Back