Affordable Housing Process/Plans South Dublin CC

jenben1982

Have decided to open a thread solely for SDCC applications and queries.!!

I recently sent in my application, called them and they advised a 20 month to 2 yr wait, and no new developments on the horizon. Sounds promising :(

Re: Affordable Housing With SDCC

Hey ive been on that housing list for a year now and no luck then my friend whos never had to apply formally got picked for a three bedroom house in their lottery system.. i was a tad green with envy as i have a child and paying a fortune in rent and she lives at home etc it just all seems so unfair!

I'm in the same boat as Zara...... been on the waiting list for a year now and haven't been offered anything from SDCC. Does anybody know when the appartments for Belgard square might come available? It's been on the property path's website for ages?

I'm in the same boat as Zara...... been on the waiting list for a year now and haven't been offered anything from SDCC. Does anybody know when the appartments for Belgard square might come available? It's been on the property path's website for ages?

Hi, about 20 apartments in Belgard Square have already been assigned so I'm not sure if there are any more there. I believe the next apartments allocated will be in Tallaght Cross. I was on the list for 12 months before being offered a apartment in Belgard Square last October so hopefully you won't be waiting much longer.

Yeah I think all the Belgard square ones are gone, well my friend got offered one about 6months ago and is still waiting to move in, very slow process. But there are new ones going up opposite Tallaght cross and across from teh hospital, where the new shops will be. id say they will be fully ready in a few months.

Hi, about 20 apartments in Belgard Square have already been assigned so I'm not sure if there are any more there. I believe the next apartments allocated will be in Tallaght Cross. I was on the list for 12 months before being offered a apartment in Belgard Square last October so hopefully you won't be waiting much longer.
Thanks for the info MillieD, but I was checking out SDDC interactive planning maps......they have Belgard Square having 389 apartments of which 58 will be affordable units:) ....So hopefully there might be still a few knocking about

Thanks for the info MillieD, but I was checking out SDDC interactive planning maps......they have Belgard Square having 389 apartments of which 58 will be affordable units:) ....So hopefully there might be still a few knocking about

Well, in that case, fingers crossed for you! I hope you hear something soon - the waiting is a killer, isn't it?

Rang property path today and was advised that the application I sent in 6 weeks ago wont be looked at for four months. I asked how many were on the list anyway - she replied with '700'. Now I cannot see 700 properties being built let alone given for AH in south dublin county council area in the "2 yr waiting list " that they have!!!

My guess is majority of these people do not qualify for mortgages when they get offered and it gets offered to next person on the list.

Still an awful lot of people though !

Rang property path today and was advised that the application I sent in 6 weeks ago wont be looked at for four months. I asked how many were on the list anyway - she replied with '700'. Now I cannot see 700 properties being built let alone given for AH in south dublin county council area in the "2 yr waiting list " that they have!!!

My guess is majority of these people do not qualify for mortgages when they get offered and it gets offered to next person on the list.

Still an awful lot of people though !

Ask if they ahve any AHI poperties?

Ye the affordable housing inititive is a slightly faster process !

I think i would have had to send in my application a while back in order to qualify for AHI. Also you would need the deposit and considerable amount of savings as once your are offered the property (whch most people have in teh last few weeks)...and you have a month or so to go get mortgage.

The 18month wait to be offered a property doesnt bother me, its the waiting to know if im even of the list!

Hi,

On the wait for South Dublin, I applied ina bout May of last year, and started getting offers about a month ago. Not great offers, but offers, at least. It's annoying, but it's something you have to grin and bear.

I do have a question though. Does anyone know what the specific apartments on offer in the Belfry are? I've been looking through, and the ones I was told to look at on Belfry grove appear to be occupied...

Vonlinus - what do you mean by 'offers', have you been offered a few properties? Or have you turned down some and offered more?

So you were only on the list a year? that sounds promising! I was told at least 18-24 months.....

Vonlinus - what do you mean by 'offers', have you been offered a few properties? Or have you turned down some and offered more?

So you were only on the list a year? that sounds promising! I was told at least 18-24 months.....

Umm. I'm on the list on a few different councils (Dublin City, Fingal, Bray, Wicklow, and a couple of others), so I got an offer from South Dublin, previously, and offers for other places before, that were on the northside. I applied for them all at the same time, so I'm a bit hazy on which offers I got from whom,as they all came at the same time. I think I turned one down frome SDCC, because I was away at the time.

Sorry to bring you down, but they might mean 18-24 from no, or from a couple of months ago. I applied a couple of weeks before a bunch of programs on the housing market, and how the affordable housing was the way to go, so maybe that ballooned the list a bit more.

The current one I have is with the Initiative, which I'd recommend taking part in whenever it comes up next, as there were far less applications for that.

Best of luck anyway. :)

Hmmm.

I just accepted a place in Citywest, but on investigating, the house price the council have given is above what the places are selling for.

Like, they value the place at 275 thousand, whereas its on the market and not selling, fully fitted, for 267. Can I go to the council and ask them to get the house revalued? I want the place, but I don't fancy tying myself to a ridiculous clawback above the market value.

I applied for AH in SDCC in July 2006 and had to call them yesterday to find out what was happening with my application. I received a letter this morning that was signed on 5 Feb 07 giving me approval and surprise surprise no one decided to tell me this. I was also told that I'd be waiting another 18 months before I'll be offered anything. I've been told by SDCC that if I refuse a property I'll be put down the bottom of the list! Has anyone else been told this?

I dont know about being put bottom of list i was under he imprerssion you can refuse two properties and THEN you go down the bottom? To be honest Im told so many different things when I call, might be best to call again and get through to someone who knows what they're talking about ????!!

Got a call from SDCC asking me what area I wanted i.e. North or south of the naas rd, and they also advised that I am officially 'on the list', After 3 months!! Relief. Now its the waiting game :(

Got a call from SDCC asking me what area I wanted i.e. North or south of the naas rd, and they also advised that I am officially 'on the list', After 3 months!! Relief. Now its the waiting game :(

I got exactly the same call. They said I should receive a letter in the post within 2-3 weeks confirming I'm on the list. They couldn't give me any more information than that though.

By the way I sent my application in mid March.

I sent mine 5th March. Just cant see any new developments going up round tallaght etc at the moment, it doesnt look very promising considering they said I would start getting 'offers' in 18 months!

Back