Affordable housing Process/Plans DCC Dublin City Council

Re: Affordable housing DCC

Does anyone know if the draw has actually taken place yet and has anyone been offered a place yet?

Hi Blobert
I got a call from DCC today informing me that viewing for these apartments will take place next monday July 16th.
Does anyone know about the quality of these aprtments in beaupark Clongriffin?

I believe the lottery for the DCC affordable housing is to take place in early Septemeber. Does anyone know if the public can be present at this draw or how it is moderated?

I don't believe the public can attend. As applicants are able to select several properties I'd imagine its a very long drawn out selection.
I remember reading in the paper about a year ago that DCC had signed up to some program to ensure the AH process was fair and audited. Maybe give them a call to find out?

Will notification that the lottery is taking place in september be sent to those on the waiting list?

I doubt it. In July DCC posted everyone on the waiting list with the latest newsletter, and you had to send back your form marking what properties you are interested in being considered for. In the newsletter, they said the lottery would be taking place sometime in September.
From the previous lotteries, I think I heard back a couple of months later to say I hadn't been successful, but that was obviously after the lottery had taken place and the properties had been assigned.

I believe the lottery for the DCC affordable housing is to take place in early Septemeber. Does anyone know if the public can be present at this draw or how it is moderated?

I don't think the public can attend but I know KPMG supervise/audit the dcc lotteries so you can be pretty sure they're done fairly!

I was speaking to someone in Dublin City Council Af homes department as was told that due to the large number of applications the lottery would not take place until the end of October.

I was on to the DCC -they said it will be the end of October before the draw takes place

this is so frustrating, there's so little official information and then the DCC keep changing when they're having the draw! Come on lotto ticket...

DCC indicated that they were going to carry out the latest DCC affordable lottery last week. Thereafter DCC were to notify the lucky few that they had successfully secured a property. The notification of the lucky few was to take place late last week or early this week.

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything. Some of the properties are fantastic so there should be 300 people or so partying hard if they have been notified.

Keep in mind a lot of the people who are drawn will end up not being able to take the place. So don't give up if you don't hear for a while. I was offered my apartment four or five months after the draw took place - and a woman I know was offered a property last month that the original draw had taken place for well over a year ago. There's always hope :)

Thanks Broklyn,

Thats good to know. I think they are going to write to every entrant shortly, so we'll be able to work out our prospects of getting offered a place down the line.

Anyone heard anything yet? Someone on boards.ie got a call on the 6th with an offer for Grace Park road, so the draw must've taken place.

Anyone heard anything yet? Someone on boards.ie got a call on the 6th with an offer for Grace Park road, so the draw must've taken place.

hi,
A friend of mine was offered an apartment in milltown (mount st. ann's). They are fantastic apartments, some of the nicest i've seen. So yay for DCC, it's brilliant to see that affordable places are being made availabe in these kind of developments.

I still havent heard anything either, guess Im not going to be lucky this time!

DLR CoCo who I also applied to seem to much more efficient. I got a second letter off them last week updating me of my place in the queue

l got a call in early November saying that I had been selected from the lottery and that I would be receiving a letter of provisional offer in a matter of days. It still hasn't come, anyone else in this situation?

I was just onto DUblin City COCO about an application form for AH that I sent in and they told me that the next draw is planned for Feb/March.

Not sure how much I believe them though!

Anyone got a link to the latest newsletter?

Cheers...

Back