c&c

Hi

Applied in nov 06 for AF housing, selected properties we were interested in etc
has anybody heard back yet from the dc council ie offered a property
we have been told end of Feb
getting anxious now !!!
any feedback much appreciated

Re: affordable housing DCC

I woudnt hold my breath. I also sent in my choices around the same time. There are usually a few thousand applications for a few hundred properties - so its basically a lottery.

Yep, basically it takes a while to see if people who were drawn first , will want the property when they see it and get mortgage approval. etc. Then offers go out to the people drawn after them - who go through the same procedure and any remaining places are offered to the next people drawn out etc etc. It takes a few months to get it all sorted.

cheers i know the process about the lotto etc and how long it takes
just wondered had anyone heard from them an offer etc
just feel like the council are fobbing us off
first it was jan now feb and maybe march
sure let us know if ya hear anythin ta!!

I imagine we will only hear from them if we are sucessful, I cant see them contacting us to tell us that our names were not drawn out.

This is what happened with the May 2006 newsletter:

Draw held in August 2006
Successful applicants notified immediately
Unsuccessful applicants notified in September

I received one of those "unsuccessful" letters, and last week I was offered one of those properties anyway. I imagine they're still trying to get that draw sorted and when it is, they will have the "November 2006" draw.

draw from November newsletter to take place from Feb 18th to Feb 28th!

Good Luck everyone.

Have you heard of new intitiative announced today. check out www.affordablehome.ie if you earn between €45,000 and €58,000 then you may qualify. Yes those figures are correct! Minister Cockroche announced a new policy for housing today. Check out http://www.environ.ie (www.environ.ie)

Some where in the policy it mentions affordable housing for people on low incomes. Yet you may only apply for latest inititative if you earn between €45,000 and €58,000. If thats a low income I must be on the breadline!!!!

Go and complain to your local councillors and or TDs, I've already sent an e-mail to Bertie, Dept of Environ and all my local councillors. THESE INCOME LIMITS ARE CRAZY!!!!!

thanks for that info
just wait and see fingers and toes crossed!!

draw from November newsletter to take place from Feb 18th to Feb 28th!

Do any details of these draws appear on their website? I cant see anything on their site about the draws or dates...

[broken link removed]

It's about time they put this kind of information on the site. The lack of transparency in this process has been deeply disturbing.

. The lack of transparency in this process has been deeply disturbing.

It seems to be the same on all Affordable Housing Schemes in all the councils in Dublin. it all seems a bit cloak-and-dagger.

mrsk said:
Some where in the policy it mentions affordable housing for people on low incomes. Yet you may only apply for latest inititative if you earn between €45,000 and €58,000. If thats a low income I must be on the breadline!!!!

Go and complain to your local councillors and or TDs, I've already sent an e-mail to Bertie, Dept of Environ and all my local councillors. THESE INCOME LIMITS ARE CRAZY!!!!!

Yep I emailed Pat Rabbitte on Friday.

They are giving those income limits because people are getting approved by the council alright but the banks are refusing them a mortgage because they dont earn enough. Imgaine you got offered an apartment, you earn €30K, then the bank tells you that you can secure a mortgage on that wage for the peoperty you are offered. So they raised the limit to stop this happening.

They are giving those income limits because people are getting approved by the council alright but the banks are refusing them a mortgage because they dont earn enough. Imgaine you got offered an apartment, you earn €30K, then the bank tells you that you can secure a mortgage on that wage for the peoperty you are offered. So they raised the limit to stop this happening.

Then why not have 250 houses with a 40% discount rather than 500 at the 20% discount.

Or 200 homes at a 50% discont rather than the 500 at the 20% discount.

No matter how you look at it the government has just given people on higher incomes money towards buying the first home at the expense of poor sods who have been on wating lists for 2 1/2 years.

Fairplay to ya Mia,

Do you know that you may also available of Shared Ownership to purchase your property. DCC will allow you to borrow up to €250,000 and you may add up to €38,000 in savings. Maximum purchase price may be €275,000. These limits haven't been increased for a while despite Aherns promise that they would be looked at on a yearly basis.

I'm still awaiting a reply from Bertie, Got reply from the affordable homes partnership. It's full of crap.

Think there should be one clear process. There are a few thousand on Dublin City Panel already. Why announce an inititative? Why don't they work of the current panels that already exist.
Dublin City Council have my details why should I have to fill in more forms . Surely this bureaucracy must be driving council officials mad. It's obvious the affordable homes partnership is trying to be seen doing something. This crowd were supposed to improve things. Instead I believe they just added another layer of bureaucracy to the affordable housing madness.
If the affordable homes partnership want to get involved why don't they accept applications directly and offer an alternative to shared ownership or bank mortgages. Ministers Ahern and Roche have announced another scheme that allows social housing tenants to purchase their homes incrementally.
But what about us taxpayers that cannot obtain social housing so can't avail of this great option.
Come On everybody. Write those e-mails it's election year all those politicians are desparate for votes.

Regards

Its all a smoke screen, its an excuse for the government to to make themselves look good in an election year. People who earn over 45k are good voters...

hey, does anybody know the location of those new developpment?
thanks! :)

I got a letter today from DCC advising me of this latest initiative, eventhough I dont earn within the 45-58k bracket.

Seeing as I am already on the DCC Panel, all I need to do is tick whatever properties interest me and send it back with a copy of a recent payslip

I notice they say that applicants should earn between 45 and 58k "as a GUIDE" - so I am going to sent in my application anyway.

Properties are in Balgriffin and Clongriffin, and are priced between 200 and 280k for one and two bedroom properties.

Applications need to be in to DCC before tomorrow though! and their letter to me was only posted 2 days ago!

Re: Affordable housing DCC

Well, I dropped in my application today for the Initiative. There was a huge cardboard box half full of applications, and I'm sure that didnt include applications that were posted in! There are only 58 properties, so I'd say its a chance in 1000 of getting a place

Back