Affordable housing Process/Plans DCC Dublin City Council

I was just onto DUblin City COCO about an application form for AH that I sent in and they told me that the next draw is planned for Feb/March.

Not sure how much I believe them though!

Anyone got a link to the latest newsletter?

Cheers...

Has anyone received the newsletter of upcoming apts/houses?
I was told late January but then it takes them about 2-3 months to process all applications, I think we could be looking at end of March/April.

I know this is a long shot but anyone know when the next draw will take place? Is it nov/dec??
Also anyone know what places will more than likely be available for that draw?
I just joined the list in June.... Just incase i am extremely lucky i'd like to have an idea!!

HI, The last news letter that camr out from DCC was towards the start of the year, i got offered a 3 bed house in the Clifden Development, Dublin 10. on the 6th June. We've been on the list since December 2006! so a year and a half wait before we heard anything, but it is a lotto draw with them.

I know this is a long shot but anyone know when the next draw will take place? Is it nov/dec??
Also anyone know what places will more than likely be available for that draw?
I just joined the list in June.... Just incase i am extremely lucky i'd like to have an idea!!

I applied for the AH in December 2007 and got accepted onto it in Feb 2008. Received the newsletter and picked out three places that we liked. In June we got offered an apartment and turned it down, in July we got offered the 2nd apartment and turned that down too and in August we got offered a house which i jumped at!! So from the time i got accepted on the list to me accepting a property was a total of 6 months!!

Emma,

Do you mind me asking if you have a family? Its just i have not heard of anyone on the Dublin City council getting offered a house! Even ppl i know of with families have been just offered 2 - 3 bedroom apartments.

That is pretty quick though!

I've emailed the council a few times who have told me that the next draw is nov/dec (still havent received any newsletter though!) and have confirmed i am on the panel yet i have not received a panel number yet!

I have to agree i do find all this a bit vague. There really should be some sort of concrete structure to the draw.. deadlines and dates posted etc...
Oh well.. i will just have to wait and see!

I've emailed the council a few times who have told me that the next draw is nov/dec (still havent received any newsletter though!) and have confirmed i am on the panel yet i have not received a panel number yet!

hi Smeg21,
Did you receive a letter from DCC after you sent in your application? That'll have your reference number on it....DCC operate a draw so you don't have a number that moves up the list as properties are filled by other applicants. If you applied before the Nov/Dec draw then you will be included but from what I remember I was in the Nov/Dec draw last year and didn't receive any offers until May of this year. the longer you're on the list the more times they put your name in the hat so to speak.

Keep the faith though because I know more properties are being turned down than ever before so your name might be picked out a lot sooner than you think. I was going ahead with an apartment in Belmayne til I heard the development was unlikely to be finished so I backed out about 2 months ago.....within a fortnight I was offered 3 more properties and I didn't even know I'd been entered into another draw!!

Emma,

Do you mind me asking if you have a family? Its just i have not heard of anyone on the Dublin City council getting offered a house! Even ppl i know of with families have been just offered 2 - 3 bedroom apartments.

That is pretty quick though!

I have to agree i do find all this a bit vague. There really should be some sort of concrete structure to the draw.. deadlines and dates posted etc...
Oh well.. i will just have to wait and see!

Hi Smeg 21, No, i don't have a family - its just me and my boyfriend that applied... I know, i didn't expect to get offered a house either, i just ticked the box on the off chance! TBH i think they were just trying to get rid of the houses as quickly as possible before house prices reduced even further and their clawbacks come into question! Security man there told us on Friday that there are still 9 or 10 houses there unsold so maybe you could ask the council about them....

Getting pretty annoyed with DCC now - constantly fobbing me and ppl i know off.

I contacted them last year they told me next draw would be nov/dec. Contacted them at the end of DEC they told me that everything is now being computerized and this is the cause of the delay. That everything would be up and going in Jan and you will be able to select your pref then.

Again so far nothing - i have looked around to see if anyone else has heard of this but have found nothing.. Has anyone heard anything similar?

I also read this recently - http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0116/housing.html

So basically a lot of places are being rejected due to price and location yet ppl like me haven't even seen the places on offer?? Really dont understand thiS.

Has anyone got any offers recently in relation with DCC??

Hi Smeg21,

I'm surprised you're getting no joy from DCC....they practically fell over themselves offering me a couple of apartments when I turned down one in Belmayne a few months ago.

Do you have a specific contact in there....I had similar trouble trying to get some concrete information but once I got a direct line to someone it meant they couldn't fob me off....it may seem like a no-brainer but might be worth a shot.

From what I can remember you pick your preference from the newsletter then the draw was held and depending on how long you were on the list your name went into the hat a couple of times. So if you get a call you'll know you were picked....I don't think they contact you if you weren't picked out. in saying that a draw in Dec is usually an offer in May or June....I was picked out in the Dec 07 draw and got my first offer in may of last year....it seems to take about 5 to 6 months before they get round to sending out offer letters

i was on the waiting list 3 years,
i was offered a place 11 months ago
i was forced to signe for the place last december 08 even tho its not ready

apparently now im stuck into a copntract to buy a ****ty 2 bed apt in a bad area with claw back on 400k when its market value is now only 250k.

dcc are gangsters, do not deal with them now the country is in recession,
you will be well able to afford private,

Well i just received my log in etc for the website, chosen my apartments and playing the waiting game.
I know its unlikely i'll get offered anything first time around but to be honest i really do not know if i'd say yes to one now.
If i wait it out a few more months i'll have enough saved to pay an 8% deposit on a house or apartment near enough to the area's i picked... without the claw back if i wish to sell....

Back