Ads that really getting on my wick.....

how about the TodayFM hotel breaks ad on the radio where the gf starts off by saying 'we're taking a break'....'me likey, me likey a lot'

I reckon they've deliberately made it the worst ad ever, so people remember it. It's rank

Or the Persil ad on the radio and the tv....with the kids playing music with pots and pans. They're all named individually whilst doing a solo on their 'instrument' which is incredibly annoying.
And it's also an English ad, no attempt at all to dub it with Irish accents. That really gets on my wick
Agree on both. I just realised on reading this post that I had no idea what that ad was for with the kids being introduced etc.

I can't stand those annoying TV licence ads that are currently running on the radio. I know they're meant to be funny, but they are just stupid and juvenile. I actually switch off my car radio when they're on because I find them so irritating.

Janey, google Niamh VHI. That ad has seriously got up people's noses. Not surprised, she comes across as such a smug married!

There is an advert on the radio for Ben Dunnes new gym

He talks about the great facilities and how the classes are completely free.

What is the difference between free and completely free, I wasn’t aware there is levels of free!

There is an advert on the radio for Ben Dunnes new gym

He talks about the great facilities and how the classes are completely free.

What is the difference between free and completely free, I wasn’t aware there is levels of free!

I assume 'free' means no additional cost, where as 'completely free' means anyone can turn up and reasonably expect be allowed participate without having paid Ben for their membership ? I am 1000 per cent convinced of it ;) !

Those radio ads for Kildare Village,nauseating is the only word that sums up the feeling I get when I hear these ads and that music!!

I switch stations immediately.

Will someone please please tell the producers of this that Sex & the City is no longer the hottest ticket in town,that was 9 years ago and doing voice overs as one of the characters just makes Kildare Village sound as out of date as it probably is.

EBS have a nonsense tag-line . . 'Where Family Counts' . . what do EBS think that means? . . perhaps it's simply a truncation of 'Where Family Counts Against Mortgage Applications'.

I assume 'free' means no additional cost, where as 'completely free' means anyone can turn up and reasonably expect be allowed participate without having paid Ben for their membership ? I am 1000 per cent convinced of it ;) !

Ah great so his classes dont actually require club membership to have been paid!

Wispa Hot Chocolate - The Frothy ad - What has a man with a plastic beard and hair, a zebra with a wig - three girls in a jacuzzi with plastic wigs and a cartoon 'mini-me' got to do with hot chocolate.

It makes me wish the product will fail so I dont have to watch the ads again!

My daughter spent a few years with a local Billie Barrie type outfit. One of the owners does a lot, and I mean A LOT, of radio ads, and one or two TV ads too.

Every time I hear or see one of those ads, I just think "Sean O' fe**in' Citizen" and the brand and message get lost.

Also, any ads that use an Irish actor to do a foreign accent gets on my wick. Now that we're a happy pluralist secular multicultural country :rolleyes: is it that hard to get someone fom Italy, USA, etc. to do the voice ?

Janey, google Niamh VHI. That ad has seriously got up people's noses. Not surprised, she comes across as such a smug married!

Twins at Niamh's age??

Deffo IVF.

Do they do that on the VHI, Niamho?

I love this thread, so am guilty of dragging it up on a regular basis. Just reread it :D and had to try and remember, in some cases, what I found annoying about some of the various ads mentioned.
I love the Kit Kat ad with the pandas, I was delighted to see that reappearing recently. Can't think of any particular ad I hate at the moment.

The current VW ad with the Barber Shop singers - have to mute it every time it comes on - really irritating!

Now I know why VHI costs so much. 'Cos the Niamhs of this world just "sign here" without even looking in the direction of the piece of paper they are signing

I love that ad too. Frothy Beast, the way he stirs is like an awesome dance move, and the shrieks, and pronounciation of l'amore...... my wife hates this ad.

I like the iKEA ad with the evil gnomes....my wife is scared of the gnomes.

We both like that airwaves gum ad where they blow horns and whistles to the tune of no limits.

Any creme egg ad is amusing.

I dislike the VHI tiny babies/ my husband ad. It just grates as does any ad with Rory McIlroy.

Last edited:
The vhi niamh advert with her little babeees and useless huzband comes up all the time.

The one where the mum stumps her toe getting up to the child annoys me. I cannot figure out how having vhi helps when all he wants is a drink of water.

Also the liberty adverts. I've got to the stage where I'm wondering when he will go back to america.

The Aldi ad about the pizzas, there is something very irritating about the way the woman speaks.

Back