Ads that really getting on my wick.....

The Wispa hot chocolate one is driving me crazy. It's creepy in a pervy way and would not encourage me in anyway to buy the product

The Daz ad on the radio makes me laugh, one person says to the other something like I look so dull beside you...the other person washes their clothes with Daz. ;)

Those SKY ads featuring Pierce Bosnan are definitely starting to grate,they got one of the best known actors in the world at what must have been a terrific expense/coup and used scripts that would not even be worthy of a struggling regional pirate radio station operating out of someones garage.

The Aviva ad, tap and go, is a bit irritating.

i think they're taking the 'rugby bore' persona and using it to make the ad. Annoying ad allright but captures the essence of the know it all rugby pain in the....!!!

Those SKY ads featuring Pierce Bosnan are definitely starting to grate,they got one of the best known actors in the world at what must have been a terrific expense/coup and used scripts that would not even be worthy of a struggling regional pirate radio station operating out of someones garage.

+1, I hate those ads

What about the Birds Eye adds with the Polar Bear in the freezer? Does anyone think he's a bit creepy??

i think they're taking the 'rugby bore' persona and using it to make the ad. Annoying ad allright but captures the essence of the know it all rugby pain in the....!!!

That's true :D. One that has started to grate on me is (I think) for coke, something to do with names on the bottles. 'Your abs are so amazing' etc.

What about the Birds Eye adds with the Polar Bear in the freezer? Does anyone think he's a bit creepy??

Definitely a menacing air about him,the musical soundtrack doesn't help either,you could imagine him hopping out of the freezer in the middle of the night putting his boots on,grabbing an ice pick and paying a visit to each of the rooms where the family are sleeping.

I think it's great - very clever.

Sounds like it's based on the Phone Booth character - Kiefer Sutherland.

The Findus Bear is voiced by William Dafoe - The Green Goblin in the Spiderman film! Scary!!

The stupid Opel ads on the radio there they have a German phrase with a cringe-worthy translation into English.
Opel make bad cars in Germany. They are not German cars, they are American cars that happen to be manufactured there. When they try to brand them as a German car it just highlights the gap between their mediocre products (and that's generous) and good quality, well designed and built, German cars.
The radio ads are so annoying that I have to turn them off. I don’t think any ad ever annoyed me that much.

Opel make bad cars in Germany. They are not German cars, they are American cars that happen to be manufactured there.

That explains a lot.

I honestly didn't know that,I could never reconcile German engineering/Manufacturing with Opel.It just didn't square,until now.

Back