92% of people yet to register for household charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will attach the charge to the property which will prevent it from being sold or transferred, same as the NPPR.

My opinion only.

If the vast majority of people don't register - do ye think the state will go after 10s of tousands of householders?

I hope so.

Extra penalty and interest income.

Every penny helps to reduce the fiscal deficit.

Probably wages/incomes will be garnished.

It'll be an interesting few months as they try to convince to sign up to the Berlin. Budgets in order to pay back their banks , even if it costs a bit more it sends a very weak sign to our politicians that we will voluntarily sign ourselves for more cuts and taxes which will destroy what is left in our economy ,

I hope so.

Extra penalty and interest income.

Every penny helps to reduce the fiscal deficit.

Probably wages/incomes will be garnished.

Lets see , its going to be interesting. I can see a lot of people using this to vote against referendum.

The planned EU Fiscal Compact is about fiscal policy in the future across the EU.

You should vote for or against it based on the treaty wording, not based on any opposition to a minor tax.

The planned EU Fiscal Compact is about fiscal policy in the future across the EU.

You should vote for or against it based on the treaty wording, not based on any opposition to a minor tax.

Only Irish citizens can vote. There are approx 400-450k non nationals in ireland, do they not have a say.
They also pay tax here as well as having to deal with the desperate government policies over the last few years.

I registered and paid for 3 different relatives this evening. I am curious as to the final countrywide registration numbers by the 31st March deadline.

85% not registered with two week to go ...

Its hard to see it making 50% by end of March even allowing for all the last minute people. This could leave the government in a very awkward position... not really possible to pursue the remaining 50% realistically.

Latest figures here.

Figures revealed yesterday that 85% of households have not registered or paid the charge, which is due before 31 March.

Speaking on Adhmhaidin on RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta, Deputy Higgins said that the figures were actually worse than the Government had indicated, as many of the 230,000 that had registered by yesterday afternoon were exempt from the payment.

I registered today as I thought it might be a quiet day. No problems other than it insists on a county but I live abroad. They're very enthusastic of Irish in parts.

As I had to registered more than one property does that skew the percentage figures for how many have registered.

I didn't post that correctly Truthseeker. What I should have said is if a property is divided into more than one unit does that skew the figures.

I am a UK citizen and lived in Ireland for 32 yrs and paid all of my taxes etc. Does this mean I am excluded from voting?

I am a UK citizen and lived in Ireland for 32 yrs and paid all of my taxes etc. Does this mean I am excluded from voting?

When it comes to taxes we don't exclude anyone, in fact we our best to include everyone to pay taxes regardless whether they have to or not!

Of course you can vote but you also can pay this tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back