You're a Skanger if you ...

D

Danaan

Drive a nissan micra with tinted windows, spoilers and go faster stripes and say things like:
"go wan ye mad yoke" "storeeeeee bud" "Aroigh man wots de craic"
"me bird has me up in court for may-enance burr oim still meetin yor
wan sharden from de temple te-ator " "she's a birrova tramp and she has four sprogs 'n' all but she's mad into me, know worroi mean man" "Ahh stop would ye, I was bleedin banjoed man, banjoed" "ouua de bikky"!
Call your mother aul wan and your father aul lad
Possess bum fluff on upper lip (also applies to young ones)
Social life revolves around Dr.Quirkeys, De Back Gayh (Back Gate),Da Shoooters Complex, Da Blue Banana or Jehs (Jets)
Always have a box of 10 Johnny Blue on you
On special occassions such as court appearances, christenings/funerals you must wear faded blue Levis rammed up your a**e which must be accompanied by check ben sherman shirt, with diamond jumper draped over your arm for the dressy look. Enormous sovereign rings on every finger, for girls huge gold creole( itinerant earrings) and T-bar pendant. For da fellas, gold mobile phone or boxing glove pendant from elizabeth duke collection at argos.
Multi-coloured Scanda or Patagonia jackets are essential part of wardrobe. Must be worn with tie cord around the waist pulled tightly. It is also obligatory to wear baseball caps with the peak sitting on top of your forehead to reveal greasy fringe.
Have lots of experience of sitting down the back of the bus Terrorising normal commuters while writing graffiti on the seats such as Whacko + Rasher = Pals
Posters of Tupac/ Aslan to be placed on bedroom walls. All knackerettes must think that Christy Digman is a "riyed"
Always carry a packet of Rizla in case someone wants to "skin up"
Portrait of your a**e must be embedded into at least one wall where you sit every night all night and tell the houses owners to f*** off when they protest.
Chain must hang out over jumper at all times
Know the Macaris take away menu off by heart
Be mates with a Doyler, Git, Rayo, Whacker or Mousey
Girls are called Naaahlee (Natalie), Jasinteh (Jacinta), Janeh (Janet), Imeldeh (Imelda), Shardin (Sharon) or Traycee (Tracy)...Not that these aren't nice names but when said with an accent from the Mun that you could cut bread with, they take on another significance.
For da younger skangers, a moped is an essential form of transport.
Helmet must be worn balancing on top of head and not actually on it.
Pram from Da Social Worker (big enough to store stolen goods) and young child with made up name. Jenny Jones Show name such as D'yewanneh and D'yelikeh essential from the up and coming knackerette.
Spit on the pavement at least every 3 seconds.
All your relatives live in the same block of flats / street / prison wing.
Nearest thing you have been to nature is knacker drinkin down de Canal or pickpocketing culchies who come up to Dublin on Dec 8th to get their Christmas clothes.
Copy of The Sun or The Irish Star to be held in back pocket at all times.
Pretend to follow League of Ireland but only go for the fights
Own Celtic Jersey with your own name on the back
Constantly have a scowl on your face that makes people afraid to approach you.
Your Buurd is up da powil or has a little f**ker
Rottweiller is essential to keep up the hardman image and threaten Innocent people walking the streets. Tell them if they even look crossways that you'll get your dog to "bite the bleedin b****x off dem".
City Centre consists of Henry St & O'Connell St, the odd venture to The Donnybrook Kiddies disco is necessary at least once a month to Terrorise "de poshies"
Left school before age 16.
Time spent from June to October is collecting for the bon-fiyer
House called something imaginative like Old Trafford or Celticville.
Name written on at least 10 lamposts near "your gaff" i.e. "Anto is a queer. Naaaahlee is a sluh".
Whistle at everyone and walk with arms swinging and exaggerated limp.
Common greetings called out to mates include, "Stahry Bud" or "Ahh righ Shaymo". Name must end with an o e.g. Anto, Rayo, Micko for the boys and end with an ie for the girls, Naaahlie, Trayyysie.
Summer holidays are always in Courtown or da Canaries and you think
its the best thing since sliced bread

... don't beat ex-pupils from "rival" private schools to death outside the disco?

... don't kill pedestrians while driving under the influence and then pull political and judicial strings to try and worm you way out of paying the penalty?

... don't engage in tax evasion?

Etc...

Skanger

. . . come from the Northside

. . . have ever been poor

. . . shop for clothes at Dunnes Stores

Etc

Re: Skanger

Skanger and proud of it so...

Re: Skanger

<deleted>

That's it, I'm definitely losing it — now I'm even starting to repeat my own bad jokes in writing...!

I must have suffered brain cell damage, in my youth... :smokin

Back