Would you pay for a Covid test if you could?

Bronco Lane

I can't hug my son nor my grand children. I cannot visit them. They cannot visit me.
I don't have any Covid 19 symptoms and neither does my son and grandchildren. I have been self isolating and so have they. Why can we not meet and give each other a hug?

Is it because one of us might be asymptomatic?

We have read about army ships and football stadiums and out of the way places being converted to testing stations. Are these places still there or have they disappeared. They are not talked about any more.

Weeks ago we heard about tests being available for 10,000 people a day by the next Wednesday.....then this shifted to 100,000 a day by the end of the month etc. This has come and gone......a bit like the hullabaloo about the thousands of pre fab pod type houses that were going to be built.....

Why can we not have a 24 hour test to find out if any of us are carriers. Why can we not have this test even if we pay for it? Then I can give my kids a hug.

It seems to me that we are being isolated from each other because our government cannot get it's act together.

Last edited:
I don't think that the tests are reliable enough. All it would tell you is that you "probably" don't have Covid on the day you were tested.

You could get it between the date of the test and the date you get the results.

It's better to live with the dislocation for another while yet.

Brendan

I don't think that the tests are reliable enough. All it would tell you is that you "probably" don't have Covid on the day you were tested.

You could get it between the date of the test and the date you get the results.

It's better to live with the dislocation for another while yet.

Brendan
The problem is that "another while yet" could be 12-18 months.

Last edited:
I would pay for this one if it pans out:

A test to find out whether people have been infected with coronavirus in the past has been approved by health officials in England.
Public Health England said the antibody test, developed by Swiss pharmaceutical company Roche, was a "very positive development".
The blood test looks for antibodies to see if a person has already had the virus and might now have some immunity.
Until now, officials have said such tests are not reliable enough. BBC medical correspondent Fergus Walsh said it was still unclear how much protection the presence of antibodies would give against coronavirus or how long any immunity might last.

Back