World Cup "Investments"

Status
Not open for further replies.
France v Croatia, is that not just about the most boring final imaginable, I won’t even bother watching. Theresa spared embarrassment of not being able to attend, what a downer.

My head says France but my heart goes for Croatia. They have slogged it out, three extra-times so far :eek:
But as this showed they have the quality and the will to persevere.

I reckon it will be a good final. Perhaps not the first-half or at least until the first goal.
I wasn't impressed with France in the first round, but they are certainly purring now.

France to win World Cup (although I hope it is Croatia).

Took a while but now that England have been eliminated it’s nice to be able to relax and watch what should be an entertaining final with World class players on both sides.
France for me as surely fatigue levels in the Croatia team must be high

All of France's opening goals in the knockout stages have come from set pieces - penalty v Argentina, free kick v Uruguay, corner kick v Belgium and free kick v Crotia.

Seen enough. Backing Croatia to win in 90. 2-1 down at h/t.
9/1 for this. Im currently running a small loss for this WC but if this comes in I will be close to doubling up my "investment" :)

Bookie wins again! :(

Overall great WC. Impressed with Croatia, population of 4million and have produced a succession of good teams over last 20yrs.
We should learn from them.

To think we were denied the sight of Teresa May dressed in an England jersey sharing a platform with Putin except she wouldn’t have an umbrella:(

We watch the Rose of Tralee pageant every year. Great to hear stories of Irish emigrants who didn't have it soft. Young ladies of Irish descent applying themselves well with dignity to a competition that has spread to knowledgeable audiences all over the world. This year there was only to going to be one winner after all the interviews. She won by a distance and I backed her on Paddy Power @ 7/1. Certainties don't pop up every day, you know. Well done Waterford Rose.

Unfortunately, my horses earlier in the week didn't perform. There's a message there somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back