wooden windows

Carolin, I see that you posted that true windows "make" windows - I thought that they supplied and fitted windows - I was always of the opinion that they imported the windows, doors etc and supplied and fitted them if you if you wished. Also I note that there windows open inwards which have issues of there own in irish buildings.

NHG, True Windows manufacture windows outside of Ireland.

Could you elaborate what 'issues' there are with inward opening windows in "Irish buildings". Inward opening windows are, in mine and 95% of the industries business, a superior window to outward opening windows. True Windows can and have supplied outward opening windows but only when demanded so by a customer, probably one who has been told there is 'issues' in Irish buildings. How and why would you deliver such a misleading comment?

Osho,

Not sure why there is the aggresive tone in your postings, but hope you have a better day tomorrow! In relation to my A rated windows, My suppliers are in Omagh and therefore follow UK standards. The rating standard is administered by the British Fenestration Council. So yes there is a rating system, which includes both glass and frame, available to buyers in this country. Are you a window supplier by any chance?

Factually incorrect and untrue. Please withdraw this false assertion. Do not comment if you do not know. True Windows Ltd. have never delt with Megrame.

Moderators, I struggle to understand how stupid and incorrect information is allowed to be posted here.

This is an internet forum! We cannot possibly verify everything stated in every post, that is not our function here. If anyone sees something posted that they believe is incorrect, they are free to respond (hopefully in a civil manner) and clarify. That is what forums are all about and the truth will become evident to all.

In your case however, as your association is now clear, your failure to declare this along with previous advertising means you will be banned.
Leo

Osho, I am sure you can still read this even though you have been banned from posting on aam.

Firstly, every bedroom must have a fire escape window, for a fire escape door it must open outwards so I assume a fire escape window must open outwards also (I stand to be corrected).

Fitting blinds are a problem with inward opening windows, who wants to have to fit sections of a blind to a sash and if inward opening windows are used in dormers, there is also the problem of the reveals having to be splayed back to allow the window to open fully.

On the continent, home owners use outdoor roller shutters to cover their windows in bad weather conditions, in Ireland we do not follow that practice.

Spoke to a chap last night who is a builder and has lived in a house for two years which has inward opening windows and he mentioned that they had a problem with mould on the windows...

I also know that people have a problem that where the sash fits into the frame with a 5mm gap all around that there is a problem with flies and spider nesting there in the gap - that happens where windows open inwards or outwards with the flush sash window, whereas the traditional stormproof window (sash overlaps frame) is sealed at this point. flies cano

With inward opening windows you are depending on rubber seals to keep out the elements - rubber seals will perish over time with uv and other weather elements. With Inward opening windows you have the sash protecting the rubber seals - i am not saying that these will not perish over a long number of years, but if your windows are Irish made or made by your local joiner, they will be able to give you replacement ones or even replace them for you, likewise with your hardware, where do you go if you need a new hinge etc.

Last edited:
Back