Wooden floors

Thank you all,

in the meantime I went into few places and saw a downside to wooden floor boards. Drop a key on it and you have scratching marks. Since I have a toddler.....

Tried to look for parqet, but it's really hard to find it nowdays. In the end I opted for laminate (someone mentioned it earlier; it's a lot easier to maintain esp.if you have kids and cheaper of course).

However, I have another worry; went to see the show apartment, and could hear the steps from apartment above. I asked the fella from agency working there about soundproof and isolation, he said that everything was built by highest standards. However, I suspect that under the carpet was wood and not the concrete floor, which should be a must and I suppose the standard in terms of residential buildings with several floors.

I'll go back and check it myself, that's all I can do.

And another thing, in the contract, it says that satellite dishes are prohibited, yet you can clearly see them. Since I intend to erect one, do management companies really bother going around and asking people to take them down?

Thanks

Back