Wireless boiler controls

seanorawe

I got a new gas heating boiler installed today and it has a wireless controls thing. Called eph controls. The confusing thing is I'm trying to set the heating to come on at 7am tomorrow morning for an hour. It lets me set mon to fri then sat to sun. But it gives me 6 control points. Starting at p1 I set the time to 7am and 22 degrees cent. It does not give me a choice of what time i want it to go off. I also don't want it to come on at any other time of the day automatically but it wants the other 5 programmes to have a value. Am I missing something?

I have a different make, but similar setup. You need to set 22 degrees for 7am, then a lower (say 10 degrees) for 8am. This will turn your heat off unless it drops to 10 degrees. Then back up to 22 degrees until 6pm, etc, etc.

Have the same setup, unfortunately you can't set different temperatures for different scheduled times (unless you manually change the temp at the time in the app). Can partially work around this using something like Home Assistant (though its flakey) , there's a few thread on boards.ie about it, see example here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057689493

The EPH system drives me a bit mad to be honest, plan to change it again in the near future to something like Nest, Tado or Drayton Wiser.

I got a new gas heating boiler installed today and it has a wireless controls thing. Called eph controls. The confusing thing is I'm trying to set the heating to come on at 7am tomorrow morning for an hour. It lets me set mon to fri then sat to sun. But it gives me 6 control points. Starting at p1 I set the time to 7am and 22 degrees cent. It does not give me a choice of what time i want it to go off. I also don't want it to come on at any other time of the day automatically but it wants the other 5 programmes to have a value. Am I missing something?

Don't think of it as "On and Off", think of it as separate temperatures for different periods of the day. So for example 22 degrees from 7am to 8am, 10 degrees from 8am to whenever etc.
If may also have the option to either change from 5/2 (weekday and weekends) to 7 day programming, where you can make settings for one 24 hr period and copy them to the rest of the days.

Also, it probably has a setting where you can set it to come on for either the start of the first period (7am) to the end of the last period, or for each of the time slots etc.

You can tell that I am an advocate of RTFM - Read the F**king manual) ;) (not suggesting that you didn't).

Don't think of it as "On and Off", think of it as separate temperatures for different periods of the day. So for example 22 degrees from 7am to 8am, 10 degrees from 8am to whenever etc.

Afraid the EPH system with its Ember app doesn't support programmed temp changes, that's why I'm using Home Assistant as a workaround. Crazy this isn't supported, such a basic feature I assumed it'd be there. More fool me.

I also don't want it to come on at any other time of the day automatically but it wants the other 5 programmes to have a value.

To get around this, set the other set points to the same time, eg time period 2: 13:00 to 13:00, time period 3: 14:00 to 14:00.

Back