Will a CC payment late by 1 day be reported to the ICB/CCR

jiraiya

I encountered a technical issue with one of my accounts which I only use for bills. Specifically the banks alerting system stopped working and did not alert me of a direct debit as per normal. I noticed it in the afternoon, transferred the funds, but strangely they paid one and not another. Anyway the one they did not pay was my montly AIB CC payment. I contacted AIB today and they cannot see any issue because on their side it looks paid. Anyway to be safe I also manually transferred over the amount AIB.

The first gentleman I spoke to on the phone at AIB was of the opinion that the minute a payment is late even by a day it is immediately reported to the ICB/CCR. But the second lady that I spoke with was certain this is not the case. I am confused as to who to believe. I keep my accounts clean as a matter of course, it was simply an upset caused by the alerting system not working, and I had actually transferred over the money. But Ulster Bank said they choose which they will pay and which they will not in that case.

It cannot be the case that after years of a spotless record, a payment late less than 24 hours late can blow your credit rating out of the water can it???

I also asked the AIB gentleman if they could make an addendum to remove it from the ICB since it was paid immediately after I became aware of the issue and was not actually a "missed" payment but he said he was unaware of any process to do so.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I seriously doubt it, mortgage dds don't report immediately and usually the dd tries again before it is considered missed so can't see why cc ones would be different

It cannot be the case that after years of a spotless record, a payment late less than 24 hours late can blow your credit rating out of the water can it???

Even if it is 'reported', which I seriously doubt it will, it certainly won't "blow your credit rating out of the water".
So relax, don't worry about it.

Back