Why isn't Richard Bruton leader of Fine Gael

I appreciate your views but actually dont agree with them at all. I think that FG and Labour have a huge amount in common , and I think that when it comes to social policies , more unites them than otherwise. I still think that like most political parties, the grass root membership play a huge role and theirein lies the problem.A close family member was a party activist for many years. He always said the biggest rows and divides were within the actual parties themselves.He had some great stories worthy of Pat Short's attention.
Anyway unless something radical happens , we are stuck with the Soldiers of Destiny!!
And why isn't Richard Bruton leader, does he not want it? Kenny to be fair , if the credit is his , brought in a lot of seats, and I think is a decent man.But that's the problem with FG always( think Dukes and the Tallaght Strategy),are they too decent and nice???
I don't know the answer, but I do know that in opposing FF they oppose people who are chameleon and ruthless and in my opinion,(that's all it is ), not always nice.Maybe that's why FF win.

I agree with you, Dukes and Fitzgerald were nice decent men and so is Kenny. The problem is that Fitzgerald and Dukes were also very intelligent whereas I dont think Kenny is at their level. He is just not quick enough when it matters. Harsh but true IMHO. Kenny did not bring in the seats. It was ABFF.

Michael Noonan didn't appear to be that "nice" and remember what happened when he lead them into an election.

I still think that like most political parties, the grass root membership play a huge role and theirein lies the problem.A close family member was a party activist for many years. He always said the biggest rows and divides were within the actual parties themselves.He had some great stories worthy of Pat Short's attention.
The same can be said of most GAA clubs, charities, voluntary organisations and indeed businesses. It's just human nature - nothing to do with politics.

The same can be said of most GAA clubs, charities, voluntary organisations and indeed businesses. It's just human nature - nothing to do with politics.
Indeed, if the party did not reflect the opinions of its members it would not be much of a party.

Kenny is a coomplete light weight. He got destroyed by Ahern in the leaders debate before the election. It was embarressing. If Bruton had the cahunas he would ousted Kenny by now, because he has'nt suggest to me that behind the bluster he is weak and probably as inaffective as Kenny.

I agree with you, Dukes and Fitzgerald were nice decent men and so is Kenny. The problem is that Fitzgerald and Dukes were also very intelligent whereas I dont think Kenny is at their level. He is just not quick enough when it matters. Harsh but true IMHO. Kenny did not bring in the seats. It was ABFF.

Was this the same ABFF that worked so brilliantly for FG in 2002 :rolleyes:

Back