AIB Who has still not got the capital write down or heard from AIB , who got the €1,615?

We got the €1615
We're still with AIB
We have not received any communication regarding this capital writedown

We received a split mortgage a few years ago.
We also had a small portion of our mortgage written off at that point

All in all I am not expecting much if anything from this process. Anything will be a bonus if I'm honest.

Hi. We got the letter with the 1615 offer Still no write down or correspondence from AIB Our first mortgage was a tracker in 2002 Then we took out a new mortgage in 2008 for home repairs to same property and was told tracker was no longer available. Took out second mortgage initially on fixed rate then moved to variable Still paying off both mortgages on 30 year term Never in arrears and no mortgage break taken have heard nothing from aib since initial letter. Will aib write out to all customers or only to those who chase them up ? Thank u for all your work on this

Nothing received yet either,

Got the cheque in Mar 2018
Never in arrears with AIB
Still with AIB
Rang AIB last Wed and they confirmed my account was 'in the review'??...so you can take anything from that.

Checking online banking every 10 mins with no finger nails left....
Fair play Brendan for sticking with it and help getting that result for so many

Hi Pleb13, no need to check during the day. Check first thing in the morning and if its not there then you'll have to wait to the following morning again.

These things are done in batch processing overnight out of normal business hours.

... still nothing my side either

Still nothing here either. We got the €1,615 two years ago, still have our mortgage with AIB, never in arrears or done anything to change our mortgage (never remortgaged, never topped up, never took a payment break). I haven't bothered ringing the helpline, just checking every morning to see if any change to the online balance.

Still waiting for capital reduction or letter. We got the cheque in 2018, never in arrears, never switched/split etc.

Still waiting and won’t believe it until I see it. Might ring helpline to confirm I am included

Guys,

I wouldn't worry, their approx. 6000.00 people affected with the redress, it will take time. I for one haven't got the reduction either.

It will happen.

Has anyone still waiting been given any helpful information from the tracker helpline ? All they will tell me is that I am included (which I know ) and that it will be looked at before the end of august .

Still waiting here too. Received the 1,615 EUR back in 2018, no arrears, still with AIB. Called helpline last week and they just said they are working through all impacted accounts and will be July/Aug before they have all accounts updated

Still waiting here too. Received the 1,615 EUR back in 2018, no arrears, still with AIB. Called helpline last week and they just said they are working through all impacted accounts and will be July/Aug before they have all accounts updated
The letter states the adjustment will be made “this month” and the refund of interest in august . Hopefully they will stick to there own timelines

Still waiting aswell, received the 1615 chq 2 years ago, sold and cleared mortgage last year.

Adjustment made with no pre-notification. Letter arrived a few days afterwards. We called them and they said we can expect a cheque “sometime before the end of August if we are due one” Interestingly the write down was within €200 of the estimate from the spreadsheet calculator. Prior to the settlement with the FSPO I had determined we were overcharged around €45k and the total write off plus the cash payment is around €42k, pretty close(ish). The only piece we are missing out on is the future value of the tracker rate. @Brendan Burgess are you aware of anyone pursuing this through the courts?

Not only did they screw up the original mortgage, they are now screwing up the comms on this. Not unexpected. Clowns.

Back