Which Zurich Fund would you choose for a Company Pension?

MichaelMurphy70

I've been paying into a company pension for the past few years - it's a Zurich Master Trust with an AMC of .75% and by default has been put into their Prisma 4 fund.

Zurich Prisma 4 according to the documentation has no additional AMC but additional ongoing costs of 0.06%.

Am I correct in thinking the overall fee for this fund is 0.81% a year, or are there other fees I'm not aware of?

By contacting Zurich, I can switch from Prisma 4 to any of the Zurich funds listed here:
https://www.zurich.ie/funds/fund-products/

I don't plan to retire for over 20 years, so I'm looking for a low-cost index-tracking option like the Vanguard VOO ETF or LSE:JAM - I just want to put all the pension in and not think about it until I am closer to retiring. Do any of the Zurich funds provide something equivalent to those options?

Alternatively, is this an inappropriate strategy to pursue and should I just stick to the Prisma options?

many thanks for any thoughts.

Thanks Sarenco, really appreciate that pointer.

If I'm interpreting the documentation correctly, the Blackrock Global Equity Index fund has an overall cost of 0.76% then a year.

This is a lot more than what I understand is the 0.25% or so charged for Vanguard ETFs on IBKR but I'm guessing apart from the fees, they're comparable.

Sorry if this is a foolish question, but if the Deemed Disposal tax makes ETFs not worth it in Ireland, is the Blackrock Global Equity Index Fund from inside a Pension Wrapper not almost the same thing, excepting of course the fee difference?

Basically, does Deemed Disposal have the (intended or unintended!) consequence of simply protecting the high fees for companies like Zurich and Irish Life Assurance?

Back