when you contact a td by phone and email and get no reply what is the next step?

Not true. A TD has no access to personal applications submitted to government departments/offices. The only way a TD can get this information is if the applicant themselves supplies it.

Sure that's my point. Constituents will invariably arrive into a TD's office with their own personal documents & data. They will expect the TD or their assistant to help them perhaps in the form of correspondence or other representations to govt depts or other bodies. The TD will need to ensure that all such personal documents and data are kept in strict confidence, otherwise they will be in serious trouble and rightly so. Hence they will tend to prefer to employ people they know and trust.

To balance this up slightly... I emailed a local TD at 5.21pm this evening and I had a reply 5 minutes later, not just a standard automated reply, but one asking me for my mobile number so they could contact me and discuss the issue further over the phone.

Was probably a good time
Sitting at home relaxing on a Sunday evening and had the blackberry to hand

You wouldn't get that response time tomorrow morning

Back