When were 7 digit phone numbers introduced in Dublin?

Now that I remember it. We did not have a chair to sit on beside the phone. I either sat on the floor or on the bottom steps of the stairs.
And if you told that to young folks nowadays they wouldn't believe you!

Now that I remember it. We did not have a chair to sit on beside the phone. I either sat on the floor or on the bottom steps of the stairs.
With a glass of whiskey in the hand, I enjoy sitting on the floor in the wee hours listening to music.

And if you told that to young folks nowadays they wouldn't believe you!
I remember in some halls, you'd see a combined piece of furniture, which has a cushioned bench to sit on and a stand for the landline.

I remember in some halls, you'd see a combined piece of furniture, which has a cushioned bench to sit on and a stand for the landline.
I just bought a house from a dead person. There was one of those in the hall and general decor to match.

Ah all of ye city folk with your 6 digits in the 80s! I remember growing up where our phone number was just three digits!
Remember the cushioned seat beside the phone alright but that was rarely used as everyone could listen in if you sat there!

And what about the people who had a lovely hall with a lovely cushioned seat beside the hall table which had a big heavy black phone with a winding handle for ringing an operator to put you through to anywhere.. they had only two numbers as a phone number.. When the phone went faulty and for a little extra they could get a white one .. if they wanted one..

You're safe then... haven't you sworn never to set foot on that accursed soil
I say all sorts of things. To know me is to ignore me.
I'll be there the weekend after this one and again in January. I love Cork.