When I'm Cleaning Outside Upstairs Windows How

IrishGunner

Ok its summer time and the windows need cleaning but there is nobody going around with a bike ladder and sponge to do them

Looking to clean the outside upstairs windows. Saw somewhere a long rod with sponge on it for reaching the upstairs windows but cannot remember where???

Anyone know where to get these as dont want to 'borrow' a ladder as vertigo might creep in

Thanks

Looks like I will have to borrow or buy a ladder and get over face the vertigo

Those long arm cleaners dont seem to do a thorough job as you get no strength from the ground

That true ?

May look around and see if theres a local lad cleaning

We had one of those long cleaner things....got it in Argos I believe and it did an ok job on the windows. We could manage to reach most parts of the windows from inside the house - by leaning out and around the openings - and for the bits that we couldn't reach, used the long arm thingy.

If you want a really thorough sprakling clean though, I think you'll need a ladder!

We live in a 3 story house and our upstairs windows haven't been cleaned since we moved in (2 years ago:eek: ) I have ordered one of these:

[broken link removed]

I'll report back when it arrives:)

I remember those things Kiddo, the magnets were really strong, I was about 8 yrs old so had no interest in clean windows, they were cool all the same! Hope they work out.

Hi kiddo,

I too have the same problems with 3 storey house, cant wait to see how it works out for you. I have been looking for them over here for ages.

Kiddo

Yeah they seem ideal wonder if they are available in Ireland ?

Let me know about them and how much they charge delivery etc and waiting time

Cheers

IrishGunner said:
Kiddo

Yeah they seem ideal wonder if they are available in Ireland ?

Let me know about them and how much they charge delivery etc and waiting time

Cheers

It cost €36 incl. They dispatched one straight away(about a month ago). It never arrived. I e-mailed them yesterday and they have sent me another one.

An item I had bought from e-bay and a cd from Cd wow dispatched at the same time never arrived either:confused:

Kiddo said:
I have ordered one of these:

[broken link removed]

My mother got one of those before, and the outside part keeps "falling" off the window apparently. She wasn't too impressed but got the windows done eventually.

sueellen said:
Aldi had one advertised recently under

The Aldi telescopic window cleaner was a little short of expectations :( . At 1.7 metres, it would help a vertically challenged person clean ground floor windows but upstairs windows - no way:eek: . Even if you were 6 foot tall and stretched with this telescopic cleaner you would not even reach the window sill of an upstairs window, never mind the window itself.

Back