When can you claim back PRSI on pension?

LDFerguson

The form for claiming back PRSI on non-salary-deducted pension contributions (PRSA, Personal Pension) for PAYE employees is here.
[broken link removed]

Before I ring them, does anyone know if you have to wait until the end of the tax year to claim or can it be done immediately on commencement of a monthly pension contribution?

Thanks.

I think that I did it before the end of the tax year but that was probably in relation to contributions made before October 31st and set against the previous year's tax. I suspect that PRSI refunds are only done "in arrears" and not on an ongoing basis like tax relief via tax credits.

You must claim the tax relief first.

Also, you need P60s/P21, so that suggests after the tax year.

what is the maximum tax relief available on a PRSA. The Oasis web site states that persons aged 60 years and over can avail of tax relief on 40% of earnings while www.prsacentre.com suggests that persons over 50 years can avail of tax relief on 30% of earnings, ie there is no mention of the age 60 and over.

what is the maximum tax relief available on a PRSA. The Oasis web site states that persons aged 60 years and over can avail of tax relief on 40% of earnings while [broken link removed] suggests that persons over 50 years can avail of tax relief on 30% of earnings, ie there is no mention of the age 60 and over.

The maximum tax relief limits are:
Age .............. % of Earnings
Up to 30 .......... 15%
30-39 .............. 20%
40-49 .............. 25%
50-54 .............. 30%
55-59 .............. 35%
60 & over ......... 40%

Apologies. The limits quoted on [broken link removed] haven't been updated since the increases for those aged 55 and over came into effect. I'll get it updated. The above post and the Oasis website are correct.

Liam D. Ferguson
[broken link removed]

Back