what size tv does everyone have?

Hi Dobber22

Where have u seen them for €650? I started a previous thread on these tv's but can't get the link

Do you really not have a tv brouhahaha? How do you survive? I love tv ... good tv that is ... trying to cut down ... seeing as it is supposedly summer!

pator said:
Hi Dobber22

Where have u seen them for €650? I started a previous thread on these tv's but can't get the link

Harvey Normans in Limerick were selling them as an opening special for E650.00 I was tempted but my JVC is still going strong so I'll maybe wait until the January sales to get one.

PowerCity are selling them for E679.95

[broken link removed] ;)

gearoidmm said:
20" LCD

Feel a little inadequate, everyone's got a bigger tv than me.

At least you have an LCD, I still have the 15 year old 21" regular TV. However, I am somewhat lucky in that I am very happy with it. And some people talk about peer pressure with school kids............

19" yellow pack brand 10 year old, still going strong. I'll keep it until it dies or they turn off the analog signal.

speaking of TV's any one know what the hell HD TV? is and why is everyone talking about it
Will I have to get a new TV cause I only bought one about a year ago

28'' sitting room ( teenage zone, mostly used as far as i can tell to blast out cd's from the dvd player underneath) 6 year old 20'' in one teenagers bedroom, 3 year old 14' in other 'childs' bedroom, 26'' in living room, 2 year old 20'' or 21''' €60 deal from superquinn beside me in computer room. none in spare bedroom or Cu's bedroom. all bar one redundant when analogue goes. only one worth repairing in the event of breakdown , rest either too old or bought too cheaply ( €60 for one, €99 for another) to repair. When purchasing the €99 euro one was more or less informed that there was no part in it worth repairing outside the warranty but that it should last 3/5 years. now 3 years old. at the moment none of them are on. must be a message in there somewhere.

cuchulainn said:
28'' sitting room ( teenage zone, mostly used as far as i can tell to blast out cd's from the dvd player underneath) 6 year old 20'' in one teenagers bedroom, 3 year old 14' in other 'childs' bedroom, 26'' in living room, 2 year old 20'' or 21''' €60 deal from superquinn beside me in computer room. none in spare bedroom or Cu's bedroom. all bar one redundant when analogue goes. only one worth repairing in the event of breakdown , rest either too old or bought too cheaply ( €60 for one, €99 for another) to repair. When purchasing the €99 euro one was more or less informed that there was no part in it worth repairing outside the warranty but that it should last 3/5 years. now 3 years old. at the moment none of them are on. must be a message in there somewhere.

TV in a child bedroom!!! No way!! TVs are to be in living room/ family room. Bedrooms are to sleep, doing homework and play, but not watching TV!!! Not in children rooms or adults room!
BTW, we live in a 2 bed rented apartment, but decided to bought a TV about a year and a half ago, i think it's a 28" or a 32", not sure, but it's enough!. Apartment had a small TV, that is unplugged and full of dust in spare room!! BF uses old computer monitor for XBox360 (it's HD, and even me can notice the difference!). We also have a LCD computer in our room (would prefer it to be somewhere else, but not more room available!!)

DOBBER22 said:
PowerCity are selling them for E679.95

[broken link removed] ;)

Must have just been a special, seems to be gone to €799.95

Edit - Sorry see now that they have two types,

20 inch Phillips VCR combo, VCR sadly gets no use anymore since I got sky + and the dvd player. :)

Henny Penny said:
Do you really not have a tv brouhahaha? How do you survive? I love tv ... good tv that is ... trying to cut down ... seeing as it is supposedly summer!

Hi Henny Penny - apols for the delay in replying. I made the break from the TV a few months ago and honestly don't miss it. I just find I'm reading a lot more and have also found that mythical extra hour in the day. I enjoy the radio (RTE1 and Lyric) but then for some reason they're scrapping The Mystery Train which I'm not happy about. I've pubs within sight of my house if I want to watch sport so, barring alcohol poisoning during the World Cup, I won't be going back.

My Mother wants a new tv for bedroom - currently has a Daewoo old style 14 inch tv/video combo. She tried a new LCD 26 inch tv for a few days but said it was too big. The room is small - typical old 1960's corporation Drimnagh type size. I was thinking of 22 inch?

Janeymc a six year old thread brought back from the dead!

Ha ha

I don't have a TV, I use my laptop for all things media, all my furntiture is pointed at a beautiful portrait of my gorgeous kids. :)

42" Sony Bravia LCD 28"one in the kitchen one in the Sitting room one in the bedroom.

I think a couple of you might be better off buying a few books!

There was a joke a few years ago if your telly was bigger than your bookcase then you were both poor and stupid.:)

The yang to the ying is there are book/cases shelves in every room in the house (bathrooms etc excluded)

Back