What is really bugging you today?

Dermot Ahern speaking this afternoon said the Government may have to consider making banks charge for money dispensed from ATMs, in order to encourage people to use cards rather than cash.

Paul Reynolds totally destroyed this statement. This really annoyed me - no mention of €30 credit card stamp duty,charge for writing a cheque, atm card is €2.50 and then another €2.50 laser/debit card. My blood was boiling listening to the Minister. This may deserve it's own thread?

“We’re the only country in Europe that doesn’t charge for money coming out of the hole in the wall and that, I think, is something that will have to be looked at.” - Dermot Ahern

- I just did some quick research and this is totally incorrect.

A colleague I worked closely with for years who knows I am leaving today for ever and ever and hasn't bothered to pick up the phone or send me an email wishing me luck.

A colleague I worked closely with for years who knows I am leaving today for ever and ever and hasn't bothered to pick up the phone or send me an email wishing me luck.

That's nasty.
I hope you are moving on to bigger and better things!

Well, more exciting things Purple. Hope I will still be able to pop in to AAM though.

New job, promotion or transfer?

According to the News this morning, Australia has 150 MPs. According to the interweb, it's population is c. 22 million.

We have 166 TDs.

Huh ?

According to the News this morning, Australia has 150 MPs. According to the interweb, it's population is c. 22 million.

We have 166 TDs.

Huh ?
Australia is a federal state. It's apples and oranges.

Would a federal state not have a more decentralised law-making process which should mean they need MORE MPs than one which has a centralised process, such as Ireland?

I despair at the extremely low toilet etiquette of several of my work colleagues. I don't want to go into detail, but it involves not cleaning up properly after yourself, and leaving nasal deposits stuck to the wall of the urinal. I have no idea what that's all about !