what is best credit card available ?

The Avant Card cashback only applies to certain shopping and event expenditure. Not all expenditure. On Boards.ie some posters have expressed disappointment with the low cashback.
One main drawback is that Avant Card cashback excludes among many other items travel-related expenses such as flights, train tickets, hotels and Airbnb. By comparison, KBC's credit card limits cashback to food and supermarket shopping as well as online purchases but these include online travel bookings. KBC will thus end up more advantageous for many people who use their credit card for travel.

Last edited:
One main drawback is that Avant Card cashback excludes among many other items travel-related expenses such as flights, train tickets, hotels and Airbnb. By comparison, KBC's credit card limits cashback to food and supermarket shopping as well as online purchases but these include online travel bookings. KBC will thus end up more advantageous for many people who use their credit card for travel.

KBC gives cashback on Grocery & online shopping.

Avant gives cashback on this list of categories [broken link removed]

Some of the categories are a bit weird.

Like I said in my post people should evaluate their own circumstances.
It's not much use getting cashback on holiday stuff for me if the max per month is €10. I don't get flights every month. I do get stuff like petrol or visit department stores or pubs / restaurants more frequently and I put everything on the card so 1.25% of that back is more for me than the maybe one time a year I'll purchase flights and get the tenner back.

E.g. For KBC I'd get €10 a year back on holiday travel. On Avant I'd get more than that a year on petrol alone.

Last edited:
Back