What info do ICB have?

Mur2006

I had an issue years ago and consequently have a mark against myself with ICB. Consequently all debts have been repaid.

If i'm applying for a mortgage now, if my address and telephone are different to the time of the debt. How can they track me? or should i mention this to lender even though the debt was cleared and its a few years back?

Just totally confused and apologis if this is a inappropriate question?

Thks

Tracked by name and date of birth.
The lender will find out if it's still on the ICB
Is it older than 5 years.

Thanks; Its over 2 years ago.

I just don't know what to do, do i go to the lender with a different date of birth which only leaves my name, to be honest, i'm so thrown now, i don't know what to do.

Thanks again.

Nice try Mur but they'll ask for your passport/driving licence as proof of ID so unless you can rustle up a fake one..
Best thing is to be honest with them as if they find out your telling porkies down the line then you're in trouble.

To find out what info an ICB report holds check out the website www.icb.ie. It gives sample reports for you to look at and lists all institutions who register with them.
Why not get your own report (costs €6) to see exactly what it says about you?

As regards lying about your date of birth to hide problems.... get real! No bank will issue you a large mortgage without knowing your exact identity and history. I presume a PPS number would be needed somewhere along the lines (though not sure on that) with the mortgage app? Another tough one to try and fake.

Also if you are looking for a mortgage, you may have to prove your address(es) over the last number of years by old bank statements/phone bills etc.

If you say on your application you have been living at your current address for 2 years they will need to know previous address(es) over the whole 5 years.

If you have only one mark against you on your record and your repayments have been fine otherwise, you will probably be ok. Lenders only start to get worried if they see you are missing payments regularly. Remember they want to give you the loan

Thanks; Its over 2 years ago.

I just don't know what to do, do i go to the lender with a different date of birth which only leaves my name, to be honest, i'm so thrown now, i don't know what to do.

If it was only cleared 2 years ago then it will be fresh on the ICB report. If it was repaid in full then it won't be hugely adverse unless you are applying for a 100% mortgage in which case it will pretty much disqualify you.

As I always do in cases like yours, I would very strongly advise against trying to borrow for a home if you have adverse credit dating back less than 5 years unless you've a significant income, good savings and are borrowing less than 92% of the value of the house.

They will expect proof of id so if you put a deliberately wrong date of birth they will not give you the loan due to non disclosure of information. Dishonesty will cost you the entire loan even if you think you're covering up something that seems small and remote to you now.

Back