The only way in which PTSB can be pressurised to reduce their SVR is if everyone puts pressure on PTSB , the government and the Financial Regulator.
- Write to your local TD about the issue and post the response here on askaboutmoney
- If the Minister for Finance, the Taoiseach or the Minister of State at the Department of Finance, Brian Hayes, is in your constituency, call on them.
- Write to the directors of PTSB
- Make a complaint to the Central Bank that the directors of PTSB are unfit to be directors.
- If you know anyone in the media, tell them the story - send them this facfile
- If you see an article in the paper about banks passing on interest rate cuts, contact the writer and tell them that the absolute rate is the more important issue.
- If you hear mortgages being discussed on the radio or TV, text or call the show.
- Like the Facebook Campaign page
- Follow the Twitter page
- Tell your friends in the pub about the rate you are paying. Ireland is a small country and you would never know who might know someone else who can influence things.
- Journalists like personal stories. If you are prepared to tell your story to a journalist, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have taken a case to the Ombudsman, let us know about it here.
- If you are a shareholder in Irish Life and Permanent, make sure to go to the AGM.