What are the options for my own pension?

M

Maximus12

Hi, I am a PAYE worker in the company pension plan but feel that the pension funds offered are too "safe", ie. I am relatively young and would like to invest into more risky type investments. Looking at the PRSA website the only options I see are other fund providers offering the same sort of non-risky funds or the type of funds that would secure an average return of 6%-8% long term. Can I invest into other funds and get the same tax relief as investing into PRSA's or the company pension fund?

Hi, I am a PAYE worker in the company pension plan but feel that the pension funds offered are too "safe"
Why? What sort of funds are they and what assets do they invest in?
Looking at the PRSA website the only options I see are other fund providers offering the same sort of non-risky funds
Where are you seeing this? That is certainly not true in the general case. Lots of PRSAs offer high risk/return, high equity content, concentrated, etc. funds.
or the type of funds that would secure an average return of 6%-8% long term.
And where are you seeing this?
Can I invest into other funds and get the same tax relief as investing into PRSA's or the company pension fund?
What sort of pension do you have right now, what charges apply, what funds are on offer and does the employer contribute?

Back