What advantages has a USD account.?

nad

Can someone explain if their is any advantages or disadvantages to opening a USD account for a person that only needs transfers euros to dollars a few times per year and visits the USA annually.

Probably better to get a Revolut account and card. You can keep money in a few currencies on the account and you don't pay fees for exchanging

You could open an account with Bank of America when you next visit. You get fee free banking if you can afford to keep $1500 in the account. Revolut is fine for exchanging and transfers, and when everything goes fine but when something goes wrong and you need customer service? good luck is all I'll say!

You could open an account with Bank of America when you next visit. You get fee free banking if you can afford to keep $1500 in the account. Revolut is fine for exchanging and transfers, and when everything goes fine but when something goes wrong and you need customer service? good luck is all I'll say!
Thanks for that, but do you know what paper work is needed to open an account in the states.

Hi nad, It was pretty painless - I went along with my daughter who was already a customer, I was able to give her address (and my Irish address also) filled out a form and they took copy of my passport. Got a debit card and the statements are all online. I found Bank of America phone support to be excellent on the couple of occasions I needed to use it. It may be more difficult if you don't have a US address you can use.

Revolut is fine for exchanging and transfers, and when everything goes fine but when something goes wrong and you need customer service? good luck is all I'll say!
Have you had a bad customer experience with Revolut or are you just surmising?

Have you had a bad customer experience with Revolut or are you just surmising?

There is no customer service with Revolut. I've had a couple of minor problems with them and I got redirected to an FAQ page once and couldn't speak to a human about the problem either time. I don't necessarily have an issue with this since I don't pay them anything but I wouldn't be relying upon them for anything other than being a nice bit of functionality for my phone and handy for foreign exchange.

Back