Wet weather - again !

The worst worst thing about the rain is the mess the dogs trail through the house. Rain and doggys digging up the garden make for messy floors..not to mention beds and couches if the boy dog decides he wants a comfy seat! (and no, he's not allowed but take your eye of him for a minute.............)

could be worse...if boy dog decides to get warm the Teabag way

Not to worry, even if the sun comes out, we can pretty much count on the lack of drainage on our main roads / streets keeping all that water around to remind us!
Personally I just want 3-4 dry days so I can go out and fight back the weeds, try and rescue a few of the flowers, plant out some stuff for next spring, and generally prep the garden for winter...
Talking gardening, has anyone else noticed that a lot of the plants are 4-6 weeks behind normal flowering periods? My sunflowers are only now showing a flower, which still hasn't managed to break through completely!
Now maybe if the rain didn't bring out those huge slugs I'd try some wet gardening

However, the weekend was nice. Dry and mild. I dont mind rain too much but I alway try to make hay when the sun shines and I made the most of the weekend. What did you do ? What did you do ?

We went hiking in the Gap of Dunloe. Makes you remember why Ireland is pretty damn gorgeous all the same. I leave making hay to the farmers.

Well and truly soaked this morning

Heard some crowd called weather action on Newstalk 'explaining' why our weather is so bad and from Sep 15th to the 30th would be very wet etc ...

Sorry rant over ... still wet ...

It's not raining now Redstar. What are the plans ?

glorious weather in Munster (and most everywhere else I gather), also got out to enjoy the great outdoors, 'twould do your heart good.

Looking forward to the ploughing during the week. Mood elevating stuff !!

Ah it's too warm. We could do with a drop of rain. I'm sure the reservoirs must be running dry. Where's the drought warnings then?

It's not raining now Redstar. What are the plans ?
I savoured every dry minute!

It's incredible the difference dry weather makes. I'm actually able to get out and do stuff.
On Saturday, when I noticed it wasn't raining and I had got over the shock, I got straight out of bed (2 hours earlier than usual) and headed for the hills. Had a lovely walk, looked at sheep and went and had lunch... outside! A wonderful day it was.

Sorry! Got a bit carried away there ........ it should be "Golden Brown". And please don't call me wierd because the last time I held my breadth for any length of time my nose began to bleed.

I savoured every dry minute!
Had a lovely walk, looked at sheep and went and had lunch... outside! A wonderful day it was.

Leghorn, you just looked and had lunch with the sheep. nothing more...?

The Met Office have just announced that the Irish weather is officially Muslim - sometimes Sunni but mostly Shi'ite.

ClubMan - old boy! You really are on song tonight. You sound like the guy in the 'Vision of Mirzah'.