VRT - calculating the extras on a uk import

im just back from the vrt office and confirm categorically that all this talk of hispec/lospec is complete rubbish. they no longer even inspect the car unless its less than 2 years old and the price for me was exactly as per the online quote system. when i mentioned the that my wife would be in tomorrow to vrt her own car and asked if it would be ok for her to give them a cheque signed by me, she asked me why i wasnt doing both together. when i said that i'd thought it would need to be inspected, she gave me a form and said i could fill it in and post it in with the log book and a cheque for the online quote price to save me the hassle of another trip in.

Whether they inspect the car or not, fiddling VRT on the extras of an imported car is still fraudulent and dishonest.

Hi XT40, Just as a matter of interest, which VRT office did you go to.

Thanks

Hi, I just came from the vrt office. They do not inspect cars unless the vrt is over 5k.

they checked the chassis number and mileage.

I had my print out from the revenue website. This is what they charged me. No extras were mentioned.

Ive just bought a 03 Ford focus in the UK, 30,000 miles on the clock and when adding in the VRT, Ive managed to save myself approx 3,000K.

Prices quoted for similar cars in West Ireland were 12,800. I got the Focus in the UK for 7,000 Euro with 2,500 VRT.

I went around lots of garages in the West and the No of cars available (Ford Focus) in the 03/04 range was quite scarce.

Just Imported An Audi A4 S Line And Went To Vrt It And They Said It Would Take Several Weeks To Figure Out Value Of Exras- 18 Inch Wheels, Leather And Metallic Paint. They Kept My Cert By Mistake And When I Went Back For It Today They Refused To Give To To Me Saying I Did Not Need It Anymore. But With Mentions Of Higher Vrt I May Have To Sell It On Which I Cant Do Without The Cert?
Are They Allowed Keep My Cert Or Are They Juust Being Pig Headed?
Thanks

Back