Voting Rights in Owner Management Companies

SimplyWorried

I own a property with my wife. At an AGM if both of us go we only get one vote as I understand it.
But my neighbour owns 3 properties in the OMC. Does he get 3 votes at the AGM or just one?

A statement in the annual report says "Each unit owner is a member of the company, and each has one vote at all AGMs"
This would lead me to believe my wife, my neighbour and myself get 1 vote each.

Any thoughts?

I own a property with my wife. At an AGM if both of us go we only get one vote as I understand it.
But my neighbour owns 3 properties in the OMC. Does he get 3 votes at the AGM or just one?

A statement in the annual report says "Each unit owner is a member of the company, and each has one vote at all AGMs"

Any thoughts?
Consider yourself and wife as a partnership, so 1 vote for the partnership

Otherwise you could stuff the ballot by adding as many co-owners to the one property as you needed.

Any thoughts?
its a vote per unit owned. or at least it should be.

Thanks all, so the single member of the OMC with 3 properties gets 3 votes? That is the bit I'm still unsure of.

Back