Vodafone Broadband Contract termination notification

Knuttell

I had a one year contract with Vodafone Broadband at 35 eur per month, i was expecting to receive notification that the contract was ending instead I found the price offer/1 year contract had ended when the took 69 eur from my account.
I rang them to ask why they had not notified me, their response was they are not obliged to tell me. This is at odds with my experience with other utility providers.
I find this non notification a but hard to accept as would have acted as soon as I received the letter/notification.
Are they correct that they have no requirement to notify?
Thanks.

Never received one or more likely received and deleted but have no record of it in email folders.

Last edited:
Is their website any help? I believe when you go out of contract with them in the UK you continue at the old contracted rate until you cancel, upgrade, or renew - anecdotal from family there.

Thanks for the replies, suspect you are likely correct.

I check deals on all utilities every year and change them if better offer available, been dealing with Flogas for the last number of years and regular as clockwork they send me a notification that my contract is coming to an end. I like that sort of decency and transparency and have stayed with them even when there are deals with 20 or 30 eur better available.

Lesson learned with Vodafone, would advise others to note in calendar a month before contract expiry.

I had a one year contract with Vodafone Broadband at 35 eur per month, i was expecting to receive notification that the contract was ending instead I found the price offer/1 year contract had ended when the took 69 eur from my account.
I rang them to ask why they had not notified me, their response was they are not obliged to tell me. This is at odds with my experience with other utility providers.
I find this non notification a but hard to accept as would have acted as soon as I received the letter/notification.
Are they correct that they have no requirement to notify?
Thanks.
Eir has never informed me

I'm not aware of any provider that issues such a notice. They make a lot more money from people who don't check their bills. Many of those who do notice are happy to just sign-up for a new contract term with the same supplier rather than punish that behaviour and switch. If more people were to switch regularly, there might be better longer term contracts available.

Vodafone used to keep you on the contract price once your term ended and then regularly pester you to sign-up for another term.

Thanks Leo, good point, customer inertia and being time poor plays into their hands. If only there was a Regulatory body overseeing and correcting this type of behaviour from Vodafone et al.

Back