VHI Risk Equalisation letter.

Well maybe it's a case of bad management and planning that VHI didn't think about the future of the health insurance market and their members aging!
Community ratind = RE as per VHI - this is not what the HIA are saying.

BUPA invest in the Irish community on a local basis as well as nation wide - they have invested in hospitals, research centres etc. Their profits don't go to the UK.

On the sunday business post a few months back there was an interview with BUPA saying that the had told the VHI that they would buy their older members off them and cover them if VHI didn't want them - but VHI wouldn't not reply to the offer - If BUPA are trying to keep a younger membership - why would they offer something like that????

Maybe it is bad planning. But health insurance is a "year to year" thing...you can opt in or out at any time. There is no need for aging reserves and you are not obliged to hold them.

I can't accept the no profits going to UK policyholders thing. On that basis, if I asked you for €100k and said that you would get zippo back, would you invest? I think not.

Back