VHI VHI Health Plus Extra & Blackrock Clinic

venezia

Elderly parents are on Health Plus Extra (Plan B Options) having moved down from Plan D. My father was told to go to A&E by the family doctor and because his consultants etc (cardiac) were in Blackrock they drove there. Within 15 minutes he was in a bed in a private room. They paid the A&E charge but no one indicated that their VHI would not cover them. (Elderly couple in early 80's - in a panic) Ended up nearly 2weeks in there.

So Blackrock sent bill to VHI and they paid a large chunk of it. From the complex spreadsheet, it appears there is a shortfall of c.€8k. It was so confusing that at first my mother thought the VHI paid it all. He was in there mid October and no bill has come from the Blackrock Clinic since. My mother is burying her head, not contacting the VHI or Blackrock.

As there seems to be only private rooms now in the BC, he should only be covered for 45% of it if I understand it right? Is it possible the BC are waiving the remainder of the claim (wishful thinking?)? If not, why are they not sending a bill, it's two and a half months later?
Any advice or light to throw on this would be appreciated.

Hi there..as far as I am aware once u go through blackrock clinic a and e, and have to be admitted, all supplements are waived. Check their website where they explain how a and e works...I'm sure it says it there

AFAIK, Blackrock Clinic are waiving shortfalls for people on Plan B upwards so I dont think you have anything to worry about here. I know of people who have gotten leaflets in post from them telling them this.
And Im fairly sure that your parents would have got a bill by now if they were gonna look for that money so id say your fairly safe :)

Back