Very handy site for checking the history of a car

For any potential users of Cartell, available to take up the offer through Pigsback.com and earn piggypoints from it (only 2000pp [~€20] from the most expensive option [€220] but still worth using if the search is going to be done anyway).

For ownership it's easier to ring DOE in Shannon and feed them misinformation on the reg number and they will correct you on the phone:) .

Question: I want to find out if ye got my change of ownership form for reg 1234D45?

Answer: No. It's registered to Mr. XXXX XXXXX, address, and we've nothing else in on that yet.

God bless Data Protection!

PERSONALLY I would think its a good background reading..but the report may not cover the full aspect in the case if the cars imported or previous owner decided to hide their visit to the garage, which has to do with the legislation loop hole.
theres so many dodgy dealing going on behind many small garages as we all know..

at the end of the day i would rather spend the money on a good inspection froma mechanic...
in my opinion the site is just another money making gimmick!

Used these guys before buying my last car.

While they are not a full hpi check as in the uk, (insurance companies dont register cars which have claims against them as in uk), I found the service excellent.

I found cartell helpfull and for a change genuinely appreciative of my business.

I used there mechanic this time as I thought the deal I was getting was too good to be true, and felt better paying over the cash once he'd seen it as I had a qualified second opinion.

They are not the total solution, you still need a keen eye, know the questions to ask and do some investigating though.

Dunno about Data protection issues, all I was told was the number of owners, original colour, gearbox, registered written off, hackney, and importantly wether or not it had finance owed against it, I doubt this falls under DP Act. It told me nothing about the owner or his details, I had to do my own investigating for that.

Used these guys before buying my last car.

I used there mechanic this time as I thought the deal I was getting was too good to be true, and felt better paying over the cash once he'd seen it as I had a qualified second opinion.

thats good info, thx mate, so how much the service cost you?

at the end of the day i would rather spend the money on a good inspection froma mechanic...
in my opinion the site is just another money making gimmick!
The site is definatly not intended as a subsitution for a good mechanical inspection. It's aimed at issues which won't be covered by a mechanical look at the car.

Fully agree with Polo that a mechanical inspection is needed, or at least a very good idea, if you have any doubt over a car.

If you still have some concerns having things like its import history, accident history, even financial history etc. can help provide a little more peace of mind.

Back