Venue for 30th birthday

I was looking to book a venue for a 40th recently and a couple of places looked interesting.

The Odessa Club above the restaurant of the same name is very nice indeed. I've been there a few times (as a guest) over the last couple of years and it's been excellent each time. It has a very laid back vibe, restaurant quality (and price!) food is available and it's open until very, very late. It's not cheap though, Eur 500 to book the room, and I think you need to be a member to even make a booking. You might end up sharing your space with club members after about midnight.

Odessa was unavailable so the next place I looked was The Clarendon which is also quite a cool spot. They have a nice private area upstairs, I've eaten there a couple of times and it's pretty good and quite reasonable, but again booking the space is not cheap at Eur 500 for the room for the night.

In the end I popped around the corner from the Clarendon to which I've only been to the once, in it's current guise. Helpful staff, mini pies available for the partygoers and, most importantly, free hire of the private area. The party isn't for a couple of weeks but I can report back if you're interested.

Hi binman. Just reading your msg now. Have you had your party yet and if so how was the South William?

Back