vacination requirements are for Thailand

J

judge

Does anyone know what the vacination requirements are for Thailand or where I could find them ?

Fairly standard for thailand
Hep a , typhoid, tetanus ,polio and Diptheria.
heb b if you think you may be swapping bodily fluids ahem.

Malaria tablets only required if you are going north to Chang mai or going to cambodia etc
No need to get a rabies vaccination unless you plan to be really in the jungle more than 24 hours from medical attention
Perhaps on a decent Chang mai trek ..

if you want malaria tablets you can buy doxycycline in the boots on kao san rd in Bangkok without a prescription and they are dirt cheap (ans its a boots so I would trust it)

Also I rang the tropical medical bureau about the shots they had a 2 week waiting list and quoted a fairly high price in the end i went to a walk in medical centre on jervis st they did the shots straight away and were about 40 euro cheaper from what i remember so shop around ..

exercise caution!

I know someone who had all his shots before going to Thailand but still came back very ill. He's currently in hospital here, in isolation, quite ill and being treated for Dengue fever. I believe it occurs as a result of a mosquito bite and there's no vaccination to prevent it.

Back