US Immigration queues at Dublin, get there early!

Re: US Immigration queues at Dublin, get there early!!

AA have simply taken the choice not to use the immigration facilities in Dublin. There is no obligation on AA to use it. It may be well cheaper for AA not to.

flew to the states last week and while the q for immigration extended up the stairs, it moved very quickly and i had just enough time to fill in my forms before getting to immigration. i flew with delta on a 9am flight so don't think there were any other stateside flights leaving at that time.

When I arrived back in DUB this Saturday, we came into the (old) new bit of the terminal - the well designed straight bit to the left after you come through security. This bit is due to be knocked down as part of the next round of redevelopment at the airport from what I've heard. Go figure . . .

Anyway, this is also the bit that doesn't have US pre-clearance.

When we arrived there were AA, Delta and Continental planes there - so unless the passengers were bussed over from the pre-clearance area (possible, but I haven't seen it before) then all the passengers on those flights would have had to clear immigration at their destination instead of Dublin.

Maybe the airlines have got tired of having their passengers coralled in that awful squishy little area (with insufficient seating, one tiny coffee shop and no way out) after you pre-clear immigration.

z

Maybe the airlines have got tired of having their passengers coralled in that awful squishy little area (with insufficient seating, one tiny coffee shop and no way out) after you pre-clear immigration.
Most likely. Also I feel the advantages of clearing in DUB are less and less nowadays. Also the airlines pay less if they don't use pre clearance.

going to Boston soon via shannon (both ways).....anybody know where we will clear immigration ????

Aer Lingus flight No: EI133.... Do we get off the plane in Shannon or what is the story ??

Any advice welcome...thanks

If a flight goes via Shannon, the immigration is done in Shannon.

flew to the states last week and while the q for immigration extended up the stairs, it moved very quickly and i had just enough time to fill in my forms before getting to immigration. i flew with delta on a 9am flight so don't think there were any other stateside flights leaving at that time.

who was this flight, gettin it in jan and Delta has had bad press in Ireland recently

If a flight goes via Shannon, the immigration is done in Shannon.

So its everybody off the plane.....clear immigration then back on ( all within an hour to avioid delaying the plane ) ?? Oh dear

Thanks for the info Bond

We flew with Aer Lingus last week to NYC on a 4pm flight and cleared immigration in JFK, was all quite handy actually, just the regular queues.

Back