US companies that ship to Ireland

B

bubbles

Any idea where I might order basketball boots from the States and have them shipped to Ireland?

Found some nice sites, good choice and good prices, but they don't ship to Ireland.

I have no relatives in the USA. Might just about be able to ask a friend of my daughter, but I feel it's a bit of an imposition.

Bubbles

Shipping

Contact the less "corporaty big guys" ones by phone or email and explain the situation. They'll wait for full CC clearance and send by US Postal Service.

It worked for me , but a completely differnt product.

Re: Shipping

try ebay.com, v good prices and some of the sellers are willing to ship

tip

Tip for you if you dont want to be hit by customs and if your shipper is willing to do this get them to write "gift" and the package and get them to write the contents are worth less than 30 Euro which will mean it's exempt from Duty.

Only drawback is if you have insurance it'll only be covered for the 30 euro.

Re: tip

Thanks, I have already come across some sites where it is stated that the word "merchandise " will be printed on the label.

I had a look at some threads on the company which delivers in Ireland for the US mail services and it's not good news.

On top of VAT and duty, it looks as if the company charges something like euro 20 for custom clearance fee.

Plus, there appears to be considerable delays in the delivery of goods to the ultimate destination in Ireland.

One of my friend who has relatives in the States has told me that her sister has more or less stopped sending her parcels, because of the high costs involved.

Thanks for the replies.

Bubbles

Back