upping sticks and leaving the country

thanks i might try the local hardware later for one of those.
Im trying not to let it get me down but its going on so long long it feels like its never going to end.

you might also let any legitimate callers know that you will only answer the door if you know they are coming, that way you wont get caught off guard - at the very least you can shout through the door and ask who is there if you are concerned - but I think the idea of a spy hole is great and will allow you to not alert the person on the other side that you are in.

Its no surprise you are on anti depressants - its an awful lot of stress for you but I must echo the other posters - youa re NOT to let this beat you - this is a crazy woman who needs to be put in her place by the law. You cant let her terrorize you like this.

mmmm this is really difficult... you are at a time where you should only be dealing with your daughters illness rather than having to deal with some bully at your door.... i was harrassed by a bully once on my phone and i marched up to the police station and the police called her there and then and told her never to call my phone again... the girl never did...

im suprised they are not trying to protect you and your daughter because effectively this is effecting her too!... if it was me i would prob not move so far because you may have a good relationship with the hospital,i would maybe move closer to the hosipital as to make life easier and i would choose somewhere where there was alot of security!
does the other woman have kids too? she will have to look after them if you do move even if it is across town.... there has to be a way you can put some distance between you and her.... it may be better to be on your own and away from all friends for a while so no one can pass the number around,maybe if anyone wants to contact you they could go through your partner or bebo or something?if you have a few bob coming you might be able to make this move...

also the hosipital should have some support network for you with regard to councelling and stress relief with your daughter...it may help to get this off your chest by talking to someone... your partner could support you a bit more too,maybe you could move out first on your own to get some space ...

i know its really hard because you are exhausted and numb at this stage that your strength is knocked.... but see this situation working out and keep picturing her further and further away from your life....she only has power over you if you allow your thoughts about it to take you over... see her for the bully she is and feel your strength and picture your needs working out with you and your daughter im sending the angels to watch over you! let us know how you get on xxx

I have tried all avenues with the gardai, and i know people will think this is ridiculous but she went out with a guard from my local station for a while and ever since that my calls to the station havent been taken seriously.

I'd well believe it, I know of more than a couple of similar cases where 'local' Gardai wouldn't act against one of their own, despite the evidence.

But your local Gardai's behaviour is key to all of this. It is outrageous that they haven't done more to protect you, and, seemingly, have done next to nothing to bring this woman to book. If she kicked in your door, for example, did they not take this as fairly conclusive evidence of her threatening behaviour?

Sorry if I missed this in the thread but is your solicitor local? If he/she is and if you feel they haven't done enough on your behalf (eg has there been any talk of taking out an injunction against this woman?) would you try to speak to a solicitor from outside your area, one who doesn't know your local Gardai?

Are there any legal experts here who can give advice on what avenues the OP can explore to get some protection from the law?