Unpaid bill

ClLyn3

If I have a dispute with the campsite we have stayed on and they take payment on the second last day and leave without paying what can they do about it? I am willing to pay but not the amount they are asking as it was not what was advertised. I have emailed them on return home but I have received no answer yet. Thanks

Did you pay? Which country is it in. How did you make the booking, did that booking not have the price?

I was in Italy on holidays I live in Ireland. No I’ve paid a deposit of €200. I knew the price I made the booking online but the photo of the accommodation online does not match what you get.

it was more the area. we were beside bins and a campervan waste disposal point on a main road with no grass anywhere nearby. The mobile home was depicted on the website surrounded by grass.

This is something that happens regularly and I'm afraid you're going to have to suck it up as one of those things especially if you paid by credit card. In any case what are you going to do about it now?

i haven’t paid though. They only have a €200 deposit from me. I’ve emailed them saying I’m willing to pay but not €3000 for a mobile home beside a bin on a main road. I’ve stayed in about 10 campsites in Europe this one def the worst. I’m just wondering what can they do about me not paying??? Thanks

Have they your credit card details or how did you pay the deposit.? Why did you stay there at all if you didn't like it? I'd charge you the full amount going on what you've written here.

i paid it by bank transfer. All my family were vomiting and sick by the time I thought we might move. No vacancies in the area by the time we were there.

That's your story, there's another one too. Still think you're chancing your arm. Not much more I can say to you. Good luck.

Did you contact reception or management on arrival and raise the issues of the waste disposal, bins and Main road. Did you demand to be moved to a mobile home similar to the one depicted in the photos. Did you demand a reduction in price based on the issues you've raised. If not you owe the full payment.

You accepted and used the accomodation and I assume the facilities of the campsite, it's the same scenario as going in to a restaurant ordering and eating a fillet steak then saying I'm not paying because I didn't like it. If you don't like you leave. If you stay you pay.

Back