Unknown KBC bank phone calls - in bound phone list

cmalone

Son has account with KBC - he received multiple phone messages in May this year to phone the bank. When he did phone back, the bank claimed the calls were not from the bank. When he asked them to check again, they reverted to say he should provide an ‘in bound’ call list. His mobile provider says they do not provide this. What should he do - as he’s worried it was some ‘phishing’ type effort. The number displayed was the bank’s number.

His phone itself or his bill will have an inbound calls list. I don't think he should be ringing back any number that called him really.
If he rang back the official number for KBC phone banking then I don't see how it could be a phishing scam.
If they are the same number then he should get the list from his bill or a screenshot directly from his phone's incoming calls and show the bank this.

Thanks. His phone has missed calls for last 20 calls. Not from weeks ago. The calls statement from Virgin has outbound calls only. He phoned the missed call number and it was the bank - 4 missed calls and 4 messages over two weeks. Each time bank said no record. All a bit suspicious really. That’s all

Did the messages not have a contact name or a context? If it just said please ring this number I'd just ignore it.

They had everything. The number. Name and kbc. When phoned kbc couldn’t say who was calling. They are a bit disorganized and don’t seem to keep proper records of inbound or outbound calls - they even denied he called them later- guess free fees means they haven’t much income for basic admin

No no I mean did the person who left the message not say "Hi, this Karen Nolan calling from KBC Bank....."? I would assume that would have been how most people would leave a message.
Anyway you might be right about the fees!

Yeah, so then surely you could say "Karen Nolan called me, please put her on the phone to sort this out"?

It's very easy for fraudsters to fake caller ID to show a genuine bank number. If in doubt always ring back and use another phone if the inbound call was on a landline.

If KBC is wanting a record of the inbound calls can you not just send them screenshots from the call history on your phone?

Regret- the Bank is asking for in - bound call log from the mobile provider. I understand such logs are available to commercial customers. The screen shot option is not available as the calls are from too far back. Appears is around 20 calls on his phone

I only know with Samsung phones that if he goes to the 'Phone' icon, up top there is a search option, type in the number for the bank, he should get a list of all made,missed & rec'd calls from that number as far back as he has been using that phone.

I got a phone call from Ulster Bank credit card department. The caller then wanted to ask me security questions to confirm that it was me who answered the phone. I told him where to go. I rang on another phone later and got through to the department who could see nothing wrong with what they did.

Back