Ulster Bank Visa - Avoid It

Berph,

I don't think it's just UB that refuse to give you full balance transfers. I was having problems trying to reduce my credit card balance after furnishing a new apartment. I applied to NIB for their 0% balance transfer. My balance on my UB visa card was significantly lower than yours (3k) but NIB would only offer me a limit of €1800. In the end i didn't bother, I was hoping to have the full amount transferred over, be charged no interest for a few months so that i could get the balance down.

I've been an UB customer for years and have never had any problems with them at all!

ClubMan said:
This doesn't make sense. You are offsetting savings against your mortgage to save presumably c. 3% but are shouldering CC debt costing presumably 10%+? You should reduce, replace (such as a 0% CC balance transfer) or clear high cost debts first espeially if you have savings to do so.

Thanks ClubMan, I usually pay off CreditCard debt fully, and as you said there, I am replacing the CC for the 0% balance transfer. Appologies, my other post was misleading.

alpha said:
a friend of mine was still sent a credit card from mbna even though he didn't send in his id papers, proof of address...

That would seem to be a breach of the money laundering regulations.

Back